buzz type frogs and hollow body are very different. it's all about the hookset with the hollow body. really gotta wait on em unless you feel them pull it down right away. i like stanley and the zzoom horny toad. i've had some good days with the horny toad buzzing it.

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Sam when your fishing the soft plastic frogs do you walk them or just reel them over the top off the water ?

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 pm

i personally throw the soft plastic buzz frogs on open water or around cover. when i'm throwing hollow body frogs it's usually in and around thick cover like pads or slop. i plan on doing more walking the dog in place or around cover this year.

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Retrieve frogs will bring their fair share of hits but if you want to boat more frog fish you need a heavy duty rod and braid and a soft body frog right in the thick stuff. Just switching to braid will more than double your hook ups.

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 pm

willluvstafish

If your thinking of using rubber fogs this year check out mayobaits.com . This guy makes some sick buzz frogs, he has new ones for this year too. You could try taking the skirt off a buzzbait and putting that on. Crazy action. Also if you want a hollow frog there is only one, Jackal lobee frog. I have used almost every hollow body frog on the market, its my favorite technique and these are top. Kind of expensive but as with all things in life-you get what you pay for.

Bryan at Mayo's Baits makes a great product, you can find a link to his page on my site Leadfreebassjigs.com

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:02 am

river_pirate

Retrieve frogs will bring their fair share of hits but if you want to boat more frog fish you need a heavy duty rod and braid and a soft body frog right in the thick stuff. Just switching to braid will more than double your hook ups.

What he said!

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:03 am

river_pirate

What do you know Franny Finesse?

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 am

stratos1966

I will send you a picture of all the awards I won with a frog, will that help your memory? I am going to use you for target practice this year! Nothing say!s "hi buddy" like a king daddy

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 am

stratos1966

river_pirate

I wish there was an ignore user feature on MAFF like there was on NEF Cool

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:14 am

river_pirate

stratos1966

I will send you a picture of all the awards I won with a frog, will that help your memory? I am going to use you for target practice this year! Nothing say!s "hi buddy" like a king daddy

Laughing I bow down in awe to your frog skills my friend. You have kicked my ass enough for me to know whos boss

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:18 am

jbigun

stratos1966

river_pirate

I wish there was an ignore user feature on MAFF like there was on NEF Cool

Or a Mod to weed out the trash.

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am

river_pirate

stratos1966

Now he's your friend. Laughing

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 am

kmsnowman

Well now that I am unemployed I can't afford ANY friends! The only people I will be fishing with this year will be my GF, kids, new people that want to learn, and some clown that has no clue how to drive my boat up on the trailer.

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am

Every Circus needs a clown Laughing

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

river_pirate

kmsnowman

Well now that I am unemployed I can't afford ANY friends! The only people I will be fishing with this year will be my GF, kids, new people that want to learn, and some clown that has no clue how to drive my boat up on the trailer.

Stop crying I got it on the trailer!

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links