what is more satisfying, catching crappie or catching bluegill
crappie
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
bluegill
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Finally caught a Crappie this past weekend. Have heard these are very common but had never caught one before. Of course my brother and my 4 year old son caught two nice lm bass right after to show me up!

Posted Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Congrats man! Crappie have saved many trips for me when the bass weren't cooperating. Another great thing about 'em is they school up so if you find one there could be a whole afternoon's fishing in one area. They're awesome on fly tackle too.

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 pm

The paper mouth Bass, not as easy to land as one would think..
As for the poll, I love to catch Big Slabs and little Blue Gills, the end result is the same hahahahaha

We fish hard for them thru the Ice, wow, thats twice in the same day I used the Ice comment, i am so, so sorrrrrry!!!! It's been dam hot hahahha

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Ice fishing weather is definitely more comfortable than these triple "H" (Hazey,hot, humid) days. And how often can you yell out "flag" while we are sitting adrift on some body water that feels as warm as a cup of coffee.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:40 pm

I caught a ton of crappie on a small spinnerbait with Samf a couple weeks back. Damn those things are hard to unhook, their shape makes them almost impossible to hold and their mouths are too small to lip them when there's a spinnerbait with exposed hooks lodged inside. Note to self - remember to bring a rag along next time, doofus.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I use a grip on just about everything I catch. Makes hook removal on Crappie and any other tough handling fish a little easier.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:04 pm

bloomagoo caught some slobs. some were pushing 3/4 to 1 lb easily. you could lip them like a bass.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:00 pm

I caught several over 1 pounds to 1.8 pounds crappie at last April. Could lip-hold them... but I always have fish pliers with me in case if crappie attacked it deep. So, I can lip-hold it and use plier to take it off.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:33 pm

There was a recent gold pin 3 lbs

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Where? I thought you'd have to go south to hit the 3 lb mark, Lake Wylie maybe.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 pm

A 3lb crappie in MA sounds mythical to me.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Yup it does but they got a pin for it and its on the list

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:22 pm

wow! that impressive! where do you find that information? I used to watching it until severs changed new formats on website. so I cannot find anything on it now.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:34 pm

I saw it before they changed it . Can you imagine the fight on that thing

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Oldham has some dinnerplate slabs

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:54 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links