what is more satisfying, catching crappie or catching bluegill
crappie
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
bluegill
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

oh yeah, I caught 1.8 crappie, they definitely put good fight (for their own size) on my 4 pound line.

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:14 am

Yea I prefer a 6 foot or 5'6 light rod with a small reel and 4 lb line for any type of pan fishing but my 6 foot st Croix and Abu Garcia revo spinning reel are at the bottom of a lake sad story

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 am

Benjenstark10 - Ouch, what happen to your reel? if you don't mind me to asking...

I'm using ultra-light ten footer rod (with 4 pound line) for any fish! from panfish to salmon or even stripers too! Laughing hell of fun for battles! sadly, all of battles always last less 20 seconds or so.

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:36 am

benjenstark10

Yea I prefer a 6 foot or 5'6 light rod with a small reel and 4 lb line for any type of pan fishing but my 6 foot st Croix and Abu Garcia revo spinning reel are at the bottom of a lake sad story

Had that happen to me the very first time I went kayak fishing. Looked back and my rod and reel were gone. But the story had a happy ending. It was a shallow pond. I went back two weeks later and the sun just happened to hit that spot at the correct angle so I caught a glint of something in the water, my rod and reel sitting in about 6 feet of water, and I was able to snag it back.

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 am

I have caught many crappie between 2 and 2.5 lbs on Webster lake. I know there has to be a three in there. Springtime is the best time , they spawn just before or at the same time as bass

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:45 pm

bobpuge

I have caught many crappie between 2 and 2.5 lbs on Webster lake. I know there has to be a three in there. Springtime is the best time , they spawn just before or at the same time as bass

caught a 2.9lb crappie through the ice on webster lake this past winter got a pin for it

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Webster Lake has won the Gold Pin many of times, maybe last few years. Always cver 2 1/2 and close to 3, little floating poppers or Hammer jigs

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Been catching a ton of crappie this season on minnows. Haven't caught one until this season. Landed quite a few that i thought were bass.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:01 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links