Shawn if any of you guys post a 5.5lber and call it 10 I will be sure to correct you.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:50 pm

samf

i will clarify my previous post then so people don't start taking side or think i'm on a side.

i personally won't call someone out unless there's some sort of self-promotion or good reason to. regardless of the true weight, it was a nice fish. i know this thread was a joke but if it wasn't, the first picture here is still a nice fish and i wouldn't question it or start a fight.

lots of great anglers and people on here with different opinions and views. unfortunately differences of opinion and different personalities lead to arguments. that's just how it goes.

Its not really a question of opinions and views, its facts. They are good pictures of the fish and easy to tell the size.

The guys who came to his defense are the ones taking this way too seriously.

I still like this site and you are all good guys - nothing personal against any of you!

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 pm

you nailed it...nothing against anyone. basically, i'm just keeping quiet about trips, pictures, posts like those.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:59 pm

samf

i will clarify my previous post then so people don't start taking side or think i'm on a side.

i personally won't call someone out unless there's some sort of self-promotion or good reason to. regardless of the true weight, it was a nice fish. i know this thread was a joke but if it wasn't, the first picture here is still a nice fish and i wouldn't question it or start a fight.

lots of great anglers and people on here with different opinions and views. unfortunately differences of opinion and different personalities lead to arguments. that's just how it goes.

Sam, in my defense i felt the guy was self promoting. he posted that fish in reply to the 10lb thread. he did it to show how easy it was to catch one. problem is he didn't. if he posted up his own report or pic unrelated, I personally would have left it alone. But to say. 10lbers are caught everywhere, all the time, and I just did.... when it's obvious you did not....... sorry

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 pm

His scale says 10+. That's what i see. I don't know him. I've never met him and have only seen him from time to time. I wish I was so good at seeing a fish and knowing its weight. Maybe I'm naive. I prefer to be that way but the only reason I said something was because it was just going on and on. Newer members see stuff like that and are afraid to post a trip about a bunch of dinks they caught or a fat bluegill. Internet talk is hard to translate. I know this. Most of you guys know me. I'm an easy going joker. I'm not pissed off. I'm not picking sides. Everyone has his opinion. I like that. We just don't need to single someone out and then beat them down. Now everybody hug

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

THIS IS GETTING A LITTLE REDUNDANT, EVERYONE PLEASE STOP ALREADY

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 pm

I'll stop if they stop

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Just kidding. I agree. I'm done

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

sinista

Maybe we should do a MAFF secret santa to get the spirit back up! People are about to sink into winter depression. I'll get you some alabama rigs Neil, sam can get me a whistle, ken can get shawn some squarebills, josh needs some new boots (his toes are ductaped), etc.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

jbigun

sinista

Maybe we should do a MAFF secret santa to get the spirit back up! People are about to sink into winter depression. I'll get you some alabama rigs Neil, sam can get me a whistle, ken can get shawn some squarebills, josh needs some new boots (his toes are ductaped), etc.

JUST DUG THIS OUT OF MY DSM4T (DIAGNOSTIC MANUAL)

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, winter blues, summer depression, summer blues, or seasonal depression, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer,[1] spring or autumn year after year. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), SAD is not a unique mood disorder, but is "a specifier of major depression".[2]

Although experts were initially skeptical, this condition is now recognized as a common disorder, with its prevalence in the U.S. ranging from 1.4 percent in Florida to 9.7 percent in New Hampshire.[3]

The U.S. National Library of Medicine notes that "some people experience a serious mood change when the seasons change. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up."[4] The condition in the summer can include heightened anxiety.[5]

SAD was formally described and named in 1984 by Norman E. Rosenthal and colleagues at the National Institute of Mental Health.[6][7]

There are many different treatments for classic (winter-based) seasonal affective disorder, including light therapy with sunlight or bright lights, antidepressant medication, cognitive-behavioral therapy, ionized-air administration,[8] and carefully timed supplementation of the hormone melatonin.[9] it has also been determined that an unseasonably warm sunny day in december when one could bass fish has been proven the most effective course of treatment

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm

rich i wasn't calling you out or saying you were wrong. but i like the secret santa idea. i do happen to have an extra whistle haha. neil might like this one...can someone get me a regular boater?

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links