Do they allow boat in Wachuset Resouvier, and what gate would you
recommend?

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 pm

No boats allowed or I'd be there every weekend

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 pm

brucecrab

Do they allow boat in Wachuset Resouvier, and what gate would you
recommend?

to answer your question firstly you get a big fat NO! lol the reason why so many state records came from there is cause no boats allowed so everyone has an equal chance to land a monster and no real over fishing cause fish just travel past casting distance and they are safe lol. as for gates depends on what you are fishing for. i like 35 and 14 for lakers and smallies but as for specific spots to go once you park at these gates im sorry sir but you will have to find that out elsewhere Wink

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:25 pm

shawneramone

No boats allowed or I'd be there every weekend

amen to that brother .....

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:26 pm

thank you.
Man this place is big , i must give it a try .
i'm go for white perch n crabie.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 pm

brucecrab

thank you.
Man this place is big , i must give it a try .
i'm go for white perch n crabie.

go on ma.gov website and print out a gate map of the resevoir and carry one around with you whenever you go so you can cross off areas youve been and mark what you cought. this is what i do and the gate map on the website is also a color coded depth map so its very helpful tool to help you figure out where to go and find your target species based on water depth

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 pm

here print a few of these out and you are ready to start exploring Wink

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/watersupply/watershed/maps/WachusettResGates.pdf

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Be aware of the gate restrictions here as well. I think gate 6 and up are open but nothing closer.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 pm

grayrider16

Be aware of the gate restrictions here as well. I think gate 6 and up are open but nothing closer.

the gate map clearly outlines the "forbidden zone" lol. it shows which gates are off limits and all that good stuff

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 pm

How about Yak's..they allowed?
No motor just Human Powered.

PJ

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

nope

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 pm

I wish! Lol. Technically you aren't even allowed to put any body parts in the water so don't even get cought standing too close to the edge lol

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Wachusetts res don't allow for anything like as boating, kayak, canoe, and swimming. Plus, wader fishing is big no-no too. Due to drinking water for that area and boston too.

only thing that is allow is shore fishing. Basically, everyone has fair fight chance against fish. No one is in disadvantage at this res.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm

deaffisherman

Wachusetts res don't allow for anything like as boating, kayak, canoe, and swimming. Plus, wader fishing is big no-no too. Due to drinking water for that area and boston too.

only thing that is allow is shore fishing. Basically, everyone has fair fight chance against fish. No one is in disadvantage at this res.

Exactly... it is an equal opportunity fisherie lol

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:30 pm

A few years back I conducted a water quality research project on that Res. The Army Corps of Eng use a motorized boat to drag bags of Copper Sulfate in high water fowl areas as a method of contamination control. It is classified as a Dimictic Zone and the Watershed area is huge. There are underground pipes that date back to mid 1800's that list wooden section of pipe later joined with cast iron and then moving forward with pipe technology up to current standards. The funny thing is that once water leaves the Res to supply Townships, each individual Town is responsibile for its own method of disinfection...hence Town Water Dept's. You would be surprised at what is leached through water....The annual turn over of fallen foliage is a huge source of Folic Acid, mixed with wildlife excrement, run off, and God only knows what people throw in there the water quality is subject to infection from cyrptospiridium, giardia and other cyst's that reek havoc to your internal digestive tract.

With all this.. it makes me wonder why they will not let human powered boats on the water..it cant hurt anymore than what is already receving...

Report/Study was done for Genzyme Corp Framingham.

PJ

Last edited by pirougejoe on Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links