Silver buddies

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 am

Carolina rig bass

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 am

That first pic is like 20 years old. Did you scan it?

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 am

shawneramone

Truth be told it is about 12 years old. It was a really small file that I blew back up, hence the pixels.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 am

Rumor has it that they were all caught on Senkos Razz

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 am

jjbagoose

Not true. If they were caught on Senkos you would see a blood trail running down the fishes body from being gut hooked.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:26 am

stratos1966

jjbagoose

Not true. If they were caught on Senkos you would see a blood trail running down the fishes body from being gut hooked.

but she swam away so it's OK, right?

In all seriousness, isn't gut hooking with Carolina rigs a problem too? I don't have any experience using them but I feel like I've heard that on here before.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:07 am

it's not a big problem if you're using a sensitive rod with sensitive line and paying attention. they hit a carolina rig differently than others and you often just feel a slight pull or tug like a dog pulling a leash. you can't really wait on setting the hook since by that point they have it near the gullet.

really though, it's a good rig to use for deep water structure and grass lines where it's harder to keep the bait on the bottom, especially with wind.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:20 am

stratos1966

shawneramone

Truth be told it is about 12 years old. It was a really small file that I blew back up, hence the pixels.

are you rocking 3 earrings in that one picture??

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 am

jjbagoose

stratos1966

jjbagoose

but she swam away so it's OK, right?

In all seriousness, isn't gut hooking with Carolina rigs a problem too? I don't have any experience using them but I feel like I've heard that on here before.

Who is saying it's ok? I'm saying it's just the opposite. It's not ok.
If you are just starting out with a c-rig you will gut hook a lot of fish. I have been using it for 20 years. You get a sense of whats going on after gaining experience with it. I always crush the barbs on my hooks when I carolina rig. The fish will still gut hook but you can remove the hook so much easier with the barb crushed. 90% of the bleeding occurs when you try and remove the hook. I do a lot less of it now that I am not strictly a tourney fisherman fishing the bigger BOW. In fact I don't think I fished it even once last year.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:34 am

samf

stratos1966

shawneramone

I might be. I did have 3 holes in my head back then. No comment on my Jersey shore chain?

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:35 am

stratos1966

Who is saying it's ok? I'm saying it's just the opposite. It's not ok.

Sorry, my sarcasm went undetected.

But that chain is money.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:49 am

stratos1966

samf

stratos1966

shawneramone

I might be. I did have 3 holes in my head back then. No comment on my Jersey shore chain?

Did that chain come with free bowl of soup? Looks good on you though.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 am

I thought you got your assed kicked if you were a guy with earings in Southie

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 pm

shawneramone

I thought you got your assed kicked if you were a guy with earings in Southie

Depends on who you are and who you know.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links