For me last year at Wachusett it was Spook, jerk bait, and Senkos. At other Smallie venues, tubes worked well too. This year looking to add grubs and learn drop shot better.

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:31 pm

I've heard grubs are like smallie candy

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Nice thanks for the tips I have some lunker grubs I would like to throw and goin to pick up some suspending jerks. Lost a few of them last yr to picks. I've caught plenty on senkos but mostly small ones. Fish a place I know has them but haven't been able to catch big ones or even consistant numbers there. Biggest just a two.

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:30 pm

single dipped tubes.

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 pm

silver buddy (blades baits) and float and fly in clear water below 50 is aswome jerkbaits, swimbaits, in stain water spidergrubs , spinnerbaits crankbaits the list is endless

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm

I messed up you dont want jerkbaits in stain water

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 pm

samf

stratos needs to go easy with the carolina rig.

All my other tips are good? What do you dislike about the C-rig tip?

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:18 pm

badlarry knows about the power of the 4" yumdinger wacky rigged on an 1/8 oz tungsten wacky jighead! he witnessed its earth shattering power at the chu last year lmao!

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:33 pm

stratos1966

samf

Sam has a vendetta against the c-rig cause its too slow to fish

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Smallie waters I tend to fish r clear. What r these silver buddies u speak of. Love to chase some smallies with u n basturds mark. We shall have to discuss while fishing the chu sometime hahaha. Can't wait for this ice to go away. Bought some jigs from Boag hog booth at the expo I'm dying to put to work!

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:20 pm

stratos1966

samf

they were very good. i can't stand the C rig anymore. it's not that it's too slow for me. i don't mind fishing very slowly (unless it's with mr. awesome who would throw a fit) but the whole set up is a pain in the ass. especially casting the thing (safely) in a smaller boat. don't get me wrong, I've caught fish on it and had some good days in the past but i've resorted to casting and dragging a drop shot instead haha

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:35 pm

badlarry

Smallie waters I tend to fish r clear. What r these silver buddies u speak of. Love to chase some smallies with u n basturds mark. We shall have to discuss while fishing the chu sometime hahaha. Can't wait for this ice to go away. Bought some jigs from Boag hog booth at the expo I'm dying to put to work!

they're blade baits. great for vertical fishing or casting and ripping or lifting off the bottom.

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:39 pm

badlarry

Smallie waters I tend to fish r clear. What r these silver buddies u speak of.

like asm said they are blade baits, basically just a voluptuous curvy "s" shaped piece of flat metal with a weighted head and 2 trebles on the bottom like a crank bait. great for early spring when water is still cold

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Ok I've seen silver buddies I think just never used them.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 am

Ok I've seen silver buddies I think just never used them.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links