Way to go Mark!

Posted Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:11 am

Awesome job Mark! You definately earned it bud. Feel free to be as Arrogant as you want!

Posted Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Great job!

Posted Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:54 pm

CONGRATS
That must be a real hard title to earn!

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Great job on the angler of the year! What is the deal with this program? Can anyone get a scale certified or do you have to kill the fish and have them weighed at a certified scale? Not trying to start anything but I want to participate in this but I like to release my fish. I don't mind taking a trout or a salmon but I won't kill bass, carp or many other freshwater fish. I'm also well aware that you can't transport live fish to the weigh in stations and then release them later.

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 pm

angler21

Feel free to be as Arrogant as you want!

my thoughts exactly!! Wink

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 pm

haha, nah, winning the AOY is my arrogance way to say I'm good. Lol No words needed to brag. while my actions is already spoken.

However, I wanted to say much thanks to this site for contribute half of information that I got pinfish fish out from each location. Since I learned few tricks from you guys and I wanted to say, thank you all! even you know it or not. You all deserved some recognize too!

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 pm

AQUAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:27 pm

MARK-QUA-MAN!!!

Congrats again! See you at the chu in 2 months

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:41 pm

How do you enter to become youth angler of the year?

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:56 am

Thank everyone!!!

mr.troutmaster - you can enter it. How you can do it? You have to catch many different species of fish and able to qualify for this award. You need to follow list of weight on each fish, if your fish is on same weight or bigger than that specific weight. You can bring it to bait shop and weight it. Bait shop will give you the form to sign it down that you are official caught it and qualify for it. For example, Jake Souza caught 20-21 pinfish BUT only 12 different species. He won this AOY due to he beat everyone based on different species has been caught in an year. Good luck!

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 am

do you release them after you weigh them in?

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:35 am

Congrats Good stuff

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:40 am

samf

do you release them after you weigh them in?

That's what I'm trying to find out. It's against the law to transport live fish so I'm assuming the fish are dead when weighed in. It would be really nice to see the state focus on more of a catch & release awards program. I'm not going to keep a 15 pound carp for a pin? Then what do you do with a dead carp? Bury it for fertilizer? The AOY award is great but I'd like to see more of an emphasis on releasing trophy fish then killing them for a pin. Seems like this day in age you could just snap a few pictures of the length, girth, and weight of a fish on certified scale and release the fish alive. The IGFA allows it so why not the state? http://www.bogagrip.com/certification.html

I'm sorry Mark, if this discussion derails your thread. If so I'll take it down. Congratulations again.

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 am

Congratulations Mark !!!! Job well done !!!

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links