Johnny asked me about coming up with a viable option or options for a pond down the Plymouth and cape area for our next tourney. I woukd like everyones input on this b4 i start looking into this. First we got to come up with a good date that works for everyone. Second, how far are people willing to travel. I know that coming from the Northshore Central or Western Ma is a good ride. Third HP on boats that are going to be there. Alot of ponds in Plymouth an the cape have HP restrictions. Most with restrictions are 50-60hp max. Matter of fact there isnt a pond in Plymouth that holds both smallies an largemouth that doesnt have a restriction. Lond pond in Plymouth is a viable option for many reasons. Its got one of the best boat ramps in the state. Plenty of parking an its known as a trout an salmon fishery but believe me it does hold some big trout eating bass that dont get pressured. Theres never touneys there which means we wont be bumping heads with other club t's an what not. 60 hp max tho. If we head down futher to the cape there are pleny of ponds to fish a tourney many that dont have the HP restriction, but have tourneys on them every weekend. I can check the date of the tournys online an throw out some dates. Honestly Lond pond in Plymouth would be just fine but some of the smaller ponds down the cape with restrictions could provide some slamming action for smallies. So lets have it guys whay do you think???? Me personally it doesnt matter. Ive got one of the shortest drives an dont mind goin to plymouth or the cape.

Posted Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 pm

i think if long pond is reasonable for all boats and it holds fish that aren't too pressured we should just nail it.
i'm thinking sunday july 12th or the 19th. same type of thing 6:00 a.m arrival take off around 7 or when were all checked in. fish till 1:00 , weigh in and move on.
same deal $10 entry
$5 dollar lunker.

what do ye all think?
check calenders, realistically and see if we can get more than before.

Posted Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

lets do it july 12th the sooner the better. long pond sounds alright maybe east monponsett is alright to. i will try long tho sounds interesting same rules are good to 5 fish limit!!!

Posted Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:16 pm

sounds good but my bass boats supports a 85hp, i guess i am out!!!

Posted Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:34 pm

don't worry brian, we'll find a place that supports all. have no fear you'll be there.
ok that was gay, lol Shocked

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:11 am

Gonna ask a dumb question.. When a limit of 60 hp is all you can have. If a boat has bigger it cant even go in the water or can you use just use the troller and not use the gas motor????????????
Oh and thanks Johhny for posting the video you rule.........

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 am

no you rule, nice job on all the videos. im not sure, we'll find a place that has no limits.

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 am

ok, iv'e been loking at the map. and i like long pond in lakeville, it has a forty plus car lot at the public launch, and i don't think there is a motor restriction. max depth is like 10 ft and average is like 5 ft.
any thoughts.

so july 12th 6:00 a.m to 2:00,

$10 entry
$ 5 lunker

if everone agrees and the date looks good i will check availabilty for a permit.

please respond soon.

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Im pretty sure theres no restriction at long pond in lakeville. They hold tourneys there frequently. I can look into cape ponds but got to know if people are willing to travel?

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 pm

i know i'm willing to travel, but my concern is finding a place where the big boats can go.
hey we can have a little shore tourney as well, i'm down with that too.
my thought on lakeville is that it is kind of a half way point.

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Yeah, you guys need a lake with carp in it..then I'd come hang out for the day Razz

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm

you throw out a date for a carp tourney bro and i'll be there Laughing

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:37 am

i think i heard good things about long pond in lakeville taunton area.never been but we will give it a shot!!!we have to nail down a spot soon getting closer everyday

Posted Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:13 am

please don't take this the wrong way.these big lakes are fine for you guys with big boats and big motors but most of us that i see on the site just have small flat bottom boats,kayaks and canoes the big boats have trolling motor they like the bigger motor but they can use just the troller could'nt they?i'd like to see it down sized just a tad i have conserns with the big lakes and a little boat. PLEASE don't take this the wrong way you guy's are doing a great job. just an opion.

Posted Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 pm

absolutly not taken the wrong way man, that is going to be my next one is something for the smaller boats and the shore fisherman like myself. august for that one.
have no fear

Posted Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links