what a beast ! Nice

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Awesome catch bam! that thing must have been a blast reeling in! Knops sounds like a great place to fish... Looking forward to my first tourney.

Posted Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm

OH YEAH BAM FORGOT TO TELL YOU BROTHER THERE'S A s*** LOAD OFF PICKEREL IN THERE HA HA HEY THERE ARE SOME NICE TROUT TO BRO!!!! CONGRATS BIGGEST PICKEREL I SEEN THIS YEAR MY BOY CAUGHT A 7LBER LAST YEAR THING WAS HUGE LOOK IN MY PICS YOU'LL FIND IT.

NOW YOU CAN EVERY CHICK YOU GOT A BIG PICKEREL HA HA

Posted Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Holy @#$% 7lber,I cant even imagine that after seeing this one lol!

Posted Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Bam, I think you could of gottn a PIN for that pick, I thought is was anything over 4lbs?

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:23 am

Yeah,I filled out the form.I had to think awhile out in the water because I knew I'd have to mount it if I kept it.Not sure I will do it again.I looked every where on the F&G website and on the pin form and nowhere did I see anything about a catch and release form.Its illegal to transport any fish but legal bait alive,so basically this program wich I thought was pretty cool just supports the killing of trophy fish in mass.Everyone has the right to keep any legal fish they want but I would of turned it back if there was a catch and release option.I will be contacting the F&G about it and voicing my thoughts.I think all you guys should too.Lets get a C&R option put in this program.I admit I made a mistake keeping this fish for a little piece of cheap metal,but I do plan adding the pic to the wall so its not a complete loss,and it will be admired for years to come.If anyone has info on a catch and release option that maybe I just missed in my stupidity please let me know......I did ask the guy at the weigh station about one and he didnt hear of one

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:51 am

I know they do it in New Hampshire, and you can see the quality of the fish released...lots of mid 22-26" bass. Looks like they only measure the length, perhaps they have the same rules about transporting fish, so they couldn't certifiably weigh them. I think the C&R program seems pretty awesome, although I'm perfectly happy with a picture and my own 'official' weight. I think the quality of scales these days are pretty good, so if I'm off by an ounce here or there, its not a big deal.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/trophy_program.html

Did you eat the pickerel? I don't know if I ever heard of anyone eating pickerel, pike obviously, but not pickerel.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:27 am

I hear ya Volume,I usually feel the same way but think of all the rubber worms I saved the fishermen of Knops lol,and it is kind of a freak compared to even "big" ones I've seen or caught.No, I didnt eat the pick,its in the freezer for a future mount now that I was kinda dumb and kept it,but I've heard its real good if you know how to bone it.same as pike would be my guess.This was my lesson: I have a scale,now put a TAPE in the box dumb@#$ lol

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:50 am

.......I still think guys should do what they can to get a C&R program here.That way guys could get the recognition if they chose to.I'm not losing sleep over my desision.......I dont think there is ever gonna be a shortage of pickerel.especially in knops,it was my first time there and man are they thick in there.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:53 am

Looks like the one I caught earlier this year, they look like brothers...

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

you guys are almost making me want to go out and target the Lake Snakes soon, haha.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Nice Riderer

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow Bam, what a slob of a pick!!! Nice work brotha!

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Bam........ I didnt know you cant transport live fish. So if you take ANY fish to Fish and Game they have to be died? That blows. I just want my pin and then let the fish go. I want to catch him again and have my fellow brothers catch them as well. Can you call them from the launch???? Some of you guys MUST have pins how did you do it?

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Thats correct.Thats why we somehow need to get the C&R option added to this program.I feel the same about letting them go and grow for everyones benifit and have no idea about calling them but I doubt they have the resources for that.They did have a new addition where you can weigh them on any certified scale but that doesnt solve the transport issue.This is a good law in ways because it stops illegal stocking wich can pose tons of probs,but they have to come up with a length system like volume said NH has.I do have some pins and would have more I think if this didnt work this way.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links