start a petition...I'll sign it, I'm sure a lot of people on the site would...doesn't seem like many of the dudes on this site keep their big fish, probably get a lot of e-signatures from this site!

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:07 pm

That might be just what needs to be done.I'm going to talk with them and see what their views are and make sure I'm not missing anything first but I dont think I am.Hopefully this may have already been brought to their attention and maybe even on the table already.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:27 pm

I usually check out another site, www.myfishfinder.com (sister site to Ice Shanty) they have a MA section that gets a lot of views...might be another avenue to add to the quest. if you're not on there, I can post something up, I'm sure it's more than just us thinking this way...

bait shops too are another place you could place a petition, I'd drop one off at my local shop.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm

As would I!!!!

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 am

when i catch one (pin fish), i plan on keeping it alive and taking it back to the pond after getting it officially weighed. it may not be technically legal (transporting alive), but i can't imagine an environmental police officer would make a big deal out of it.

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 pm

dont get caught,you won't believe the deal they'll make about it.I called Boston and they told me to talk to Marrion Larson at the westborough FH.Shes in charge of the program.Unfortunately her voice mail says she'll be out of the office until October.

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 pm

I was on the BPS website a couple a days ago. BPS has a program where if you catch a pin or record fish there's a phone # you can call. Then they come out to where you are pick up the fish & put it in there huge fish tanks in their stores. Its another option? I thought that it would pretty cool to say your fish is swimmin in a BPS tank.

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Ya I saw an ad when they were just opening that wanted trophy fish,if I'm not mistaken they were paying.Not sure how thats legal.Maybe they have some kind of lisence from the state.Still not sure how you get the pin if they come and take it.May want to find out first.Cant imagine they can take them all.Do they take care of the whole process for you like weigh,measure lenght+girth,take the pics that need to accompany the form,supply the form....lots of ?'s

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links