So I'm at Indian Head today (Perfect day I may add the whole pond looked like glass and the water temp was 64, ) The one day I have the whole pond to myself ,
I hear a plane in the distance and watch it as it is descending what looks like Right on to of me so Me a quick thinker I grab my phone to record my last day before I get killed by this airplane, but thank god at the last second I think he saw me and landed (No LiE) 15 ft next to me!!
Scared the Sh%t outta me but was really cool at the same time! Here is the Video link to my Youtube account!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxlmFOoLVvs

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Haha. I saw this today too. I wasn't far away from where you was actually fishing at. Caught bunch sunfish and brown/brook trouts. along with several herrings. trying shooting for shad but they aren't around here yet. How did you do? few bass?

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 6:39 pm

deaffisherman

Haha. I saw this today too. I wasn't far away from where you was actually fishing at. Caught bunch sunfish and brown/brook trouts. along with several herrings. trying shooting for shad but they aren't around here yet. How did you do? few bass?

It was a little too close for comfort, the worst part was I found a hole where the bass were biting almost every cast and after he pulled that crap no more bites Twisted Evil
But I did OK 4 Bass ( all on swim jigs) 2 Pickerel and a bunch of perch and crappie on my scatter rap.
Where were you? I didn't see any body on the pond?

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 6:55 pm

cool. I was fishing at under bridge and walk 100 yard farther into pond for perch fishing but got nothing. I was fishing at top side of pond and probably halfway from the powerline and dam.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I think that would have scared the crap out of me.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 5:36 am

A few years ago I used to see that at least once a week over there. The plane would land, turn around and take off again. Was over there fishing the morning the ultra light went down at the airport and the pilot got killed. Pretty awful Exclamation

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 12:01 pm

i think you and I have 2 different ideas of what glass-like water looks like. looks pretty choppy

that is pretty wild though, im sure it was cool to be that close to it.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 12:30 pm

No we probably have the same Idea just the wind just picked up 10 mins before the plane incident , But from 9-2 ish I could have filled my boat with feathers and not have lost a single one, it was AWESOME! (ps I HATE WIND)

chevin37

i think you and I have 2 different ideas of what glass-like water looks like. looks pretty choppy

that is pretty wild though, im sure it was cool to be that close to it.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 5:26 pm

deaffisherman

cool. I was fishing at under bridge and walk 100 yard farther into pond for perch fishing but got nothing. I was fishing at top side of pond and probably halfway from the powerline and dam.

That's too bad on not getting your perch....
I was catching perch left and right on my scatter rap in the middle of the pond, but I aim for bass so they don't excite me that much.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 5:31 pm

what a dick - going down like this without doing and overfly or passby is a bad case of going full retard

no wonder so many ppl pilots die every year

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 am

villano - Yeah, I thought they will be suspense in the water column. But I was wrong. they are still on bottom of water. so, what's big perch did you get? 10 inch, 12 inch?

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 1:16 pm

we fish there alot.. never seen a plane land in water... i'd pee myself... there's a bad larry that lives near the rock opposite near the long dock.. weighs a good 4lbs.. caught him 4 times last year.. good lil pond..

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 4:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links