here is a pic of the type of snap I use. I don't like tieing to the split ring because your line tends to find the spot where the split ring opens. You line rubbing against that area is trouble. If you do want to use just a splitring I would change it out to the oval ones they now make. The split part is on the elongated side and because of the oval shape the snap is forced to stay in the long position. The snap is also useful for quick changes once toy have a few more baits.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks. I hate the split ring. I have those snaps too.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 am

I haven't even caught a beast on it yet but just knowing that this bait catches big fish consistently gets me fired up. Every cast I get butterflies thinking this is it. I just ordered another 7" MS Slammer(silver/black) and a mini slammer(Black beauty). I'm waiting for my replacement swimbait rod to be delivered to see how it handles them. It's rated to throw baits up to 6 ounces but you know how that goes. If I deem it worthy then I'm gonna go up to the 9. I believe I'm sensing an addiction (swimbait fishing) within an addiction (fishing)...

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Nice Shawn. I know what you are saying. I get that same feeling throwing swimbaits. The next cast could be "THE ONE".

When throwing them insted of throwing them right at/on/in your intended target. Throw it well beyond when possible and bring it into the strikezone.

Look into a Muits mouse too. That is a great wake/ pop/ walk the dog bait and perfect size for what you are doing.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 pm

stratos1966

Nice Shawn. I know what you are saying. I get that same feeling throwing swimbaits. The next cast could be "THE ONE".

When throwing them insted of throwing them right at/on/in your intended target. Throw it well beyond when possible and bring it into the strikezone

Ya they do kind of hit the water like a bomb don't they? Have you ever used any Bettencourt baits? I ordered a rodent a couple of weeks ago. Says it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery because he makes them to order. I can't wait to get it.
http://bettencourtbaits.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 pm

I have not. I know others that have and like them. The baits are so expensive I try and fill out my collection with specific situations in mind and grab a couple baits for each situation. I have 2 Muits, a Gen. 1 and a Gen 2. They cover the situations well for small wake baits for me. The Gen 1 can be cranked down and jerked like a jerkbait. It is almost impossible to get the Gen2 Muits to dive. The Gen 2 is very versatile on top.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Great Job Rich! hey you text and fish pretty well too!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 pm

I have Muit's in stock if anyone needs them. [/img]

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:21 pm

kmsnowman

I have Muit's in stock if anyone needs them. [/img]

Do you own a shop? And if so where?

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Leadfreebassjigs.com

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 pm

WOW,WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE RIVER RAT IN A LONG TIME.WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

After reading many of richs posts I am now convinced he is Yoda!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:48 pm

haha shawn i have that rodent and was thinking of bringing it sunday. i have only tossed it a few times though and have 0 confidence in it.

i should be ashamed as my swimbait foray so far has only included 3.5 and 4" soft plastic paddle tails.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:12 pm

samf

haha shawn i have that rodent and was thinking of bringing it sunday. i have only tossed it a few times though and have 0 confidence in it.

i should be ashamed as my swimbait foray so far has only included 3.5 and 4" soft plastic paddle tails.

so you've never caught anything with it? Have you only thrown it a little? I couldn't imagine paying that much for a bait and not forcing it on them.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

After reading many of richs posts I am now convinced he is Yoda!

Fisherman of Bass I am!!! Laughing

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links