Ok who's been here before. Shallow? Deep? Water color ? Bottom made of ? Help a brother out.

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:24 pm

no clue but i may check it out this weekend

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 pm

samf

no clue but i may check it out this weekend

That maKes 2 of us.

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Saw the up coming car topper event for Lake Winthrop on the schedule. Can full sized boats be used with gas motors up? I do not have a cartopper, and there is no way I can do a day in my canoe. (age factor) Water here has been very clear on earlier trips. Depthup to 8ft, mostly in the 3-6 ft range weeds are everywhere sometime on the thick side. Water level has been up a 1 1/2 ft higher than normal. one deep hole out to 18 ft. never seems to hold fish. good luck!

johnnywad"

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:13 am

i think we people agreed on no full sized boats with gas motors for cartoppers?

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 am

Better chance of filling the list if its open to all boaters... Question I mean, I understand big boats have the advantage of getting to the spot quicker, but I see the car toppers winning plenty of tourneys against the speed boats. IT'S DISCRIMINATION!

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:30 pm

tholdah

Better chance of filling the list if its open to all boaters... Question I mean, I understand big boats have the advantage of getting to the spot quicker, but I see the car toppers winning plenty of tourneys against the speed boats. IT'S DISCRIMINATION!

i think the bigger issue is more the access, parking situations, and size of these smaller places. especially with the extra space trailers require.

and there was a big debate about this last year with some people and i believe this was why it was specifically split between toppers and regular boats. i personally don't care and usually don't fish the cartoppers anyways but there was definitely discussion last year about this whole thing.

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:22 pm

tholdah

How is it Discrimination? These guys went through the trouble at the beginning of the year to set up 12 tourneys that everyone(Big boats, and Cartoppers) could do, and 7 additional Cartoppers only at small acreage ponds with limited access. 19 tourneys total all over the state to keep everyone happy.

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:12 pm

i agree with everything meat said. plus the cartoppers are fun because most of the spots are very small, everyone uses electric you dont have to deal with wakes at all and so far the cartoppers hold the bigger fish and bag. and the guys who only have the cartoppers for boats like northshore, bassassins and some others should have the chance of a more even playing field than have to deal with big boats beating them to every spot. we had a huge discussion over the cartoppers after the first tourny at nip because one cartopper got swamped off the start. i forget which thread its on though

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm

cartopper should be a cartopper.it should be left at that.that's how i understood it when i started with maff this year.see if anyone can come up with an address for the winthrop launch so scott can put in his gps,he will fishing with creaturefriend.mass outdoors lists two spots but not sure where they are.it also states concrete pad with two marks on the map west side and east side.i don't know which is which.see you all at webster.

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Before we get all up in arms about this, I'm going to assume that the discrimination comment was made tongue-in-cheek.

I think the toppers are a great way to mix it up and fish some new and different bodies of water. I'd love to fish some of them, but this year's been tough on time (mostly due to the new addition to our family). I'm hoping to make some of them next year as it's a nice alternate flavor of tournament.

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Isn't winthrop all electric anyway? No gas allowed

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 pm

i think it's the west side one. maybe we can use both though.

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:24 pm

samf

i think it's the west side one. maybe we can use both though.

Use 461 Norfolk Street Holliston Ma. as a reference point. It's the rd that leads to Stoddard Park Rd which has the parking lot. East Side launch location. Trying to find the west side launch

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03 pm

CARTOPPERS ARE ELECTRIC ONLY!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY GUYS BUT THATS WHY ITS A CARTOPPER WE SHOULDNT EVEN BE BRINGING TRAILERS BUT WE LET A FEW SLIDE TO BUILD IT UP A LIL. BUT CARTOPPERS ARE GREAT FOR SOME KEY SPOTS DUDLEY PROVED THAT RIGHT JOHN AND CHUCK!!!HA HA

GOOD LUCK ON THE MARATHON SHAWN!!!

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links