Here is why I fish:

I fish because I love it !...there is just something special about getting out in God's creation and escape man's crazy creation...there is nothing like idling into a cove early in the morning with mist rising from the water, dead calm not a ripple on the water, the birds a chirp'n, you look around and in the dim light everything looks black and white before the sun finally gets above the tree's...the smells are fresh...you chuck a buzz-bait out along the grass line and start winding it in, then "KABOOSH" that nasty 'ol Largemouth busts your bait and it's on !!!! IMO,it just doesn't get any better than that !

I have a wide selection of marine electronics... Humminbird, Lowrance, Minn Kota and Motorguide Trolling Motors/Talon',
HydroWave, Navionics, LakeMaster, along with Boating accessories and much, much more. 972-822-9285
www.shut-up-and-fish.com

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 am

Piece of mind to be outside, keeps my marriage going, if I didnt have fishing what would I be donig? I am guessing something I shouldnt!!!

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:29 pm

honest answer?! i dont know why i fish! it isnt bc of stress nor religious. i just like the rush of "adrenaline"when the line starts singing in my reel and start feeling the weight of the fish lol. maybe its the only thing my dad taught me as a kid and i do that to honor him. who knows. all i know its that its part of my life. my girlfriend even gets a bit jealous sometimes lol.

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

I fish because when I was a youngling my grandfather and my dad took me almost everyday. we always had so much fun catching bass, pickerel, trout, and some of the fattest bluegill you'd ever see. Sadly a year ago they both passed away, and Ive fished every day since because when I fish I feel closer to them, as if they are there fishing with me.

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I fish because i had a very bad run with drugs and lost pretty much four years to painkillers and coccaine fishing keeps me sane now that im a year and 7 months clean as of june 21st i couldnt imagine not fishing i fish everyday even if its just throwing a couple casts on my way home from somewhere it clears my head and lets me think about how amazing life really is. I love fishing and i could never live without it. I can honestly 100% say that fishing has helped me stay sober. Fishing literally saved my life this website has also helped even with the short time ive been a member!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Congrats on your sobriety!keep up the good work.Fishing def cleanses the soul.Man and nature as one.Sometimes when I fish I like to imagine I'm livin off the land and have to catch something for my meal helps me concentrate.And makes me think what bait would I use if my life depended on it?ha ha

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 pm

I fish to get close to nature, unplug for a while, collect my thoughts. If you can fish all day, catch nothing, and come home with a smile on your face anyway, you're doing it for the right reasons.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Well said acute.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:59 pm

I don't know about all that other stuff I fish because my wife tells me too. Well actually I fish to get away from all the idiots out there but now I'm finding out they all have speed boats...CRAP!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:42 pm

When my wife and I are driving each other crazy she tells me to go fishing...I also come back in a better mood. It works for us...

Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 pm

acuteangler

I fish to get close to nature, unplug for a while, collect my thoughts. If you can fish all day, catch nothing, and come home with a smile on your face anyway, you're doing it for the right reasons.

here here!

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 am

I fish to unwind and relax, and to try to catch some lunkas Very Happy

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I fish because there's something almost spiritual when u get to a pond in the early morning no one there, suns just coming up waters like glass, just u and nature so relaxing, just forget about everything and fish, its the best plus when u see that bass crash a top water lure u set the hook and the fight is on. There's nothing better. NOTHING Very Happy

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 pm

It keeps me from going coo coo for cocoa puffs,Bottom line therapy. and much cheaper than psychiatrist,well maybe can't stop buying gear.lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:28 am

I must be a moon and water child. I have to be near it at all times. when I walk by a puddle I even wonder if maybe just maybe... hahahahaha My Wife to be knows when i have a trip planned or even worse, when the ICE is here. I clean the entire house. Wax the floor, polish the toilet. blah blah blah She knows and she likes the fact that when I'm gone she can sleeeeeep all day. And she never ever ever gives me CRAP about it. Good thing I am marring her this Saturday!!!!

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links