15.4 lbs of drag. Tackle tour has a nice write up too.

http://tackletour.com/previewshimanocuradoilab.html

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:36 pm

i'm taking a serious look at that reel. are you mad it isn't under 7 oz? haha

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm getting 2, the 5:1 and the 7:1

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:13 pm

samf

i'm taking a serious look at that reel. are you mad it isn't under 7 oz? haha

Haha not at all. I have more reels than rods at the moment. I might pick up one new Curado I, skip the Ci4 and go straight to the Metanium. My mg50's are getting old and I don't need anymore Cores.

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:32 pm

i have more rods than reels. i'll probably wait to hear direct feedback from you guys before getting anything. i'm thinking shimano or lews now.

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Sam will get whatever the most expensive one is because if it costs more then it must be better

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 pm

nice try

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Sam which curado are you looking at? The G series id on sale for 99 bucks march 15th at bass Pro

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:12 pm

the Curado I. i'm avoiding the G. i think even the most die hard shimano guys on here would agree that it was a huge step backwards for the curado haha

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 pm

I picked up the curado I at bass pro today with the reel trade in, I figured I was going to buy it eventually might as well get it on sale. They only had one right handed one in stock, so they ordered me a lefty, should get it in a few weeks. I'll let you know what its like once I get it on the water.

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:28 pm

I read the review on the I. I want one

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:01 pm

I just got myself a Lew's on Ebay (thanks for all the Ebay suggestions Sam) The Super Duty Speed Spool Casting Reel SD1HL (left handed retrieve) I read quite a few reviews on a bunch of different forums and online tackle shops, I saw rave ratings. Everyone saying "best reel on the market for under 400 bucks" multiple times. Should be coming sometime this week, I'll do an unboxing and semi-review (what I can without actually fishing with it) and put up on YouTube.

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 pm

awesome glad to hear it worked out. maybe i'll just get 1 of everything at this point haha

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:44 pm

samf

the Curado I. i'm avoiding the G. i think even the most die hard shimano guys on here would agree that it was a huge step backwards for the curado haha

The G stands for Gawdwhatapieceofshit.

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 pm

samf

awesome glad to hear it worked out. maybe i'll just get 1 of everything at this point haha

I suggested that

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links