Sad but true. Laughing

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Denny and I started out with "old Mac" that was Denny's grandfathers Jon boat with a 30lbs trolling motor. Was always had a fight as to who had the back because that person had to drive and try to fish the same time was fun but was work as well. Next we got a 17ft tourn.V hall tracker with a 50hp Merc. We called this thing the "LEAD SLED" We had 3 summers with this thing and beat the s*** out of it. It would never plane off!! and couldnt get out of its own way, funny we sold it for more than we bought it for. Now we have our 89 Ranger and LOVE this boat, It has a 90hp Jonhson on it and goes around 40 with 2 guys. Have had to put very little into it money wise until this year, If anyone is looking for a solid use boat I would say BUY a RANGER, you can find them time to time on craigslist years 87-89ish for around $4500-$5000 for a nice one. Ours needs a bigger trolling motor we have a 40lbs it works but could use ALOT more. As we all know fishing equipment can add up, a 55-60lbs trust trolling motor can be $800. I see used ones on line just like the one we have for $300 USED. So if you guys see anything bigger than a 40lbs bow mount trolling motor please let be know.

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Got a 11' crawdad , 30lb trolling motor, eagle fish/depth finder.
May look to pick up a small out board for bigger lakes. I fish a lot of electric only, so it works great for me. Shout out to Ralph (natickguy) for hookin me up with it! Wink

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:27 pm

natickguy

14 foot semi v with 6 hp.

[/img]

I can't wait to see this thing in person. From the various pictures I've seen parts of it in, it looks like you've done some nice work on it. If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on the setup so far? Looks like a labor of love vessel right there!

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:06 pm

For gear carrying I go to my old stable 12' aluminum build in the dawn of time canoe. We can pack the heck out of it or use a variety of seating options for fishing in all conditions!

In the Seats:

On a cushioned seat on the bottom like a kayak for windier days:

and of course Packed:

Now I love my canoe fur the durability and utility...but for tooling around and fishing my float tube is awesome. I love being down there with the fish, the ease of which I can get to places many other angers can't and let's face it..in 90 + degrees I can take the waders off and fish in comfort!

Posted Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:08 am

not a dream rig but it gets the job done

Posted Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Rental canoe, bring your own anchor. No place for a real boat in my apartment!

-G

Posted Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:05 pm

15ft square back canoe with modified rear seat 55lbs minn kota
13ft fiberglass vhull not used in years but trying to restore again for bigger water trips 36lb minn kota anda 10hrs johnson

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 pm

bam

..........or driving down the highway for an hour and realizing at the boat ramp you dont even have a strap lol lol lol

how about this one - you got the car door open as you're looking back while putting the boat in and don't notice the big metal pole... Shocked

I actually dented my armrest on the drivers door!

yeah... I'm retarded. LOL

I don't own a boat now, but had an ancient beat-to-hell 8' jon boat I'd throw on top of my car, and later a 15 1/2ft fiberglass walk-thru w/ a 35 hp Johnson outboard. No idea of the brand or year of the boat - bought it from a co-worker back in the early 90's.

I'm gonna be getting a float tube soon. I was gonna get it this weekend, but my wallet said 'no'. Well, the fact that I ordered a new guitar amplifier had something to do with it too. LOL

Posted Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 pm

I have a hoopty 10ft crawdad with a 40lb electric motor and a hummingbird fish finder couple swivel seats. I have been fishing with a crawdad since i was a tadpole lol and not to sound like my uncle but its not the tool its the dummy using it

Posted Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 am

I've got a rogue river 14' with the back rest seats. Great as long as there is No wind. I just made a drift sock for it last week, that works great!

Posted Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:59 pm

A guys I just joined the site .But I figured you would get A kick out of this.I fish with A 12 ft. crawdad and A 30lb. trolling motor but the funny is I use my girls caravan after I pull the seats out. Before that I lugged it Around on top of my lincoln. Next time I load it I'll take A pic....

Posted Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links