mrdavis53009 - Wow, you have tank full of those suckers? must be good bait for those fish that bites end of your hook. haha

jcotier - yeah, you are right. I talked with my environment-science teacher and he confirmed that for me. (PHD professor in my college)

fishingeek - Yeah, you are right. That sign is herring/shad is behind them soon! I only saw couple of them in that river at where I was fishing at. But probably if i walked more south of the river, there is possible that there are plenty of them. (I saw them and instantly knew it was sucker but wasn't sure which one so I attempted to fish for them. Caught them, took quick (CPR). Then I keep continue fishing for an hour and managed to caught 3 out of lot of bites.

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 am

Lot of people think theyre bass when on beds. That black lateral line shows up. Ive watched a guy fish them in a tournament all day on Glen Charlie.

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:18 pm

i used to think they were catfish lol until i got one on a little carp boilie and saw it up close then i thought it was a malnourished carp until a friend told me it was a sucker lol. seeing schools of these things is a great sign right now, it means the fishing season has OFFICIALLY begun! i see groups of 15 or more of these cruising the bottom of the shallow mud flats in my local lake and that is natures hint telling me to bust out the pike gear and start fishing in that area Smile

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links