I caught an umbrella once.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

woerd ave bridge in Waltham by the boat ramp ( I grew up in the house right next to it) I used to snag all kinds of lures on something and always snapped line. one day me and a buddy decided to see what was under there, because it should have been pretty clear. narrow passage under the bridge into a quiet cove. so we go in the water one day (brave) and find out it's a safe. like a 3' by 3' old ass safe. so we spent about three wekks going back and forth trying to wedge it out of about three feet of water and mud. we got it out and the safe was open face down.

we pulled out an old pair of underwear, lol true story

got all my rusty old lures back though.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:19 pm

hooked a toilet seat fishing off of millenium park in west roxbury and another time i pulled out a pair of jeans

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:45 pm

At Horn Pond caught a baby's dirty diaper. Probably changed the kid when out for a walk and threw the dirty diaper in the lake.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:43 pm

That's freaking gross. Somebody needs a dope slap for that.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:11 pm

well ive cought tennis balls and umbrellas and rotted old tshirts and even a pair of panties once lol but the wierdest thing i ever cought was at 2 am this past summer fishing my little cove spot at indian lake, i had cought a foot long white sucker on a worm and seconds later saw a 3 foot pike hovering around in under a foot of water in front of me so i smashed the sucker on a rock and cut it in half and tied on 2 steel leaders each with a treble on the end as a quick makeshift quick strike harness and chucked it out into the choke point that was the only way in or out of where this pike was ,i figured hed have to swim threw it eventually and was only a few feet across so the bait was under his nose. a couple minutes go by and my line starts flying out and all kind of commotion in the water up ahead so i close my bail and start fighting what must be a new world record pike (felt to be a good 60 pounds!) i finally get my catch to shore to find that its not one but TWO huge snapping turles on my bait lol. one with a shell about the size of a basketball bit the bait and then another snapper about as big around as a beach ball decided he wanted it more and was latched on the back of the first turtle and was attacking him for the sucker hahaha. i got them 2 feet from shore and took a few crappy pics and video on my ipod and then cut the line so as not to lose my fingers trying to get 3 dollars worth of tackle back. true story

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Pulled out a pellet gun on the Charles, cleaned it up, and used it for a while plinking stuff.

All kinds of clothes

Fishing rods multiple times

Pocket book

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:57 pm

ive caughten and umbrella, a home depot bucket, fishing rods but the craziest was when i was fishing a 1/2 oz jig in green pumpkin dragging it along the bottom and i hooked a 1/2 oz jig same shape and same exact color!!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:04 pm

My Father and Uncle were hornpout and eel fishing the Concord river years ago. In the 60's. They hooked a dead body wrapped in sheets. They called the State Police. Staties told them that area was known for finding dead
bodies dumped there by the Mob. They were fishing off the end of a dock.
They never went there again.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:09 pm

An 80lb lab. Was fishing and some jackass starts playing fetch with his dog to the left of me.Stops for awhile to chat it up with a friend I cast a shiner n bob out dog dives in after it.I reeled as fast as I could but ended up wrapping around his neck but at least he didn't get hooked.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Wow funny stuff here.

A dead body? No way!!!!!!

I've pulled bags. Buckets but the weirdest would deff
Be an umbrella.

My cousin said his lure wasn't working properly! So I cast. Hooked something big. Thinking it was a big bass. Caught an umbrella

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 pm

That's what you call an umbrella rig,.. Right?
I caught an old ass wooden rocking horse out of the concord. And a parking meter!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I was wondering how long it would take for a dead body would show up in this thread...

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:55 am

Dead bodies...(lol)

Well no dead bodies but a crazy looking perch / bass combo that was just amazing. The traits of both so evident but so odd. See if I can get the pic from my buddy and post if here and on www.ezangler.com.

Pulled it out of Stump Pond (never know what our gonna pull out of there).

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 am

I caught a bag containing an ankle monitor for house arrest and receiver before while fishing the Merrimack.

In a small local pond I got snagged up and after a bit of tug the "object" began moving slowly..managed to pull in a small gas engine, maybe 5 hp?

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links