Sean and I went up to Wachusett on Saturday in search of bass and we were not disappointed. It was a day that neither of us will forget. The bass were crushing jerk baits. We fished from 6am until 2pm and lost count at 30 fish. We caught smallies to 4.5 pounds and largemouth to 6 pounds. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Last edited by tunameltdown on Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 10:30 am

That's freaking great! And all caught from shore too. Congrats on a fantastic outing.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am

looks a good day of fishing. great job!

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am

wow nice job. that's awesome. reminds me why i should make it out there sometime.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 am

Wow, great day guys!!!

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 11:32 am

Last Saturday is an abnormality. There are very few days in the season is like that when everything is favorable. Chu does not perform like this under normal circumstance. In average (say 10 times visit), if you can manage catching one bass per hour is dam good.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 am

Great work, It doesn't usually give it up like that. Put that one on your calander!!

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks guys, definitely a rare day at Chu. Sean and I have been skunked there many times in the past and we've stuck with it. I think we are finally starting to figure the place out.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Dude,it is not about figure this place out. Everytime I thought I figure her out, she will slap me silly next time. It is about the confidence what chu can offer. I remember years ago I couldn't catch anything there, maybe one here and two there. It was very discouraging to go there. One afternoon, my luck turned around, I caught 14 smallies on a point. This was a turning points which make me believe in this place. This is the most important aspect fishing at chu. My personal best was 18 smallies each in two consecutive days (half of them are at least 19inch or better). I haven't able to catch over 20 in one day yet. I caught 8 on Saturday. I was late because I couldn't get up early (I came back from Newfound lake the night before only had 4 hour sleep) I lost my car key there. I spent more than two hours try to find it. I lost some very valuable fishing time. Lucky, finally I found my key on the pathway.

tunameltdown

Thanks guys, definitely a rare day at Chu. Sean and I have been skunked there many times in the past and we've stuck with it. I think we are finally starting to figure the place out.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 4:08 pm

willy68

Dude,it is not about figure this place out. Everytime I thought I figure her out, she will slap me silly next time. It is about the confidence what chu can offer.

There's something poetic in that.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 pm

What a great outing you guys had! 5 star rating for sure! Keep plugging away and tight lines. Very Happy

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Unreal!!! Great work guys!

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Awesome day! Congrats.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I know the dark side of the Chu all to well.I am still trying for my first fish after a years worth of fishing her.Several near misses on some giants and seeing a day like you had posted keeps me coming back!Lakes that just allow shore fishing can be very tough have to pick right place at right time and that comes with years of experience.Then again sometimes you just get lucky!Nice job guys!

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Sean, spent 3 hours fishing the exact spots we fished on Saturday and got skunked yesterday. Mother Chu can be a b****.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 6:55 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links