For me its definitely the inline spinner. I've caught more rooster tails and mepps than anything else this year. If it wasn't for me being too broke to buy new spinner baits I probably wouldn't have even started throwing them again. Its always been a favorite of mine, but over the last season or two I drifted away from them. I got frog crazed last season, and when I wasn't using them I was attempting to learn to the jig and pig. When neither of those were working spinner baits and cranks always seemed more attractive.

I looked in my tackle bag and realized there's a lot of stuff that's only been used a handful of times, because its not flashy or innovative. I think I'm going to make it a point to throw some of that stuff more often. Any one have tips on fishing spoons, I think I grabbed them off a clearance rack to try to get some pike with but haven't been on the concord in a while.

My money lure this season:
[img]http://www.mepps.com/include/classes/dsimage.php?w=800&h=400&q=90&src=/products/images/final/trophyseries/tsb4b_s.jpg[/img]
Says 5.56 on the website but I think I paid like 2 bucks, also for a trout/salmon lure it gets some small fish. I caught my first smallie of the year on it, might have been 8 inches, and a perch that couldn't have been more than 5/6.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:20 am

I hardly ever throw a spinnerbait. When I first started fishing I always had one tied on. Same with rubber worms. Never throw them anymore

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 am

I have hundreds of dollars in crank baits and rattle traps.
I never use traps and cant catch crap on a crank bait!

I have minimized all my tackle and colors except for this section.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:41 am

most used = worms, worms, and more worms
least used = spinnerbait

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 am

jwall046

I have hundreds of dollars in crank baits and rattle traps.
I never use traps and cant catch crap on a crank bait!

I have minimized all my tackle and colors except for this section.

I'll give ya 10 bucks for the whole lot

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 am

I'll give ya 10 bucks for the whole lot[/quote]

lol,
I sold everything once and 2 seasons later i bought back from same guy because he didn't use em and this white lightening guy crushes everything on em. So i was inspired to try again Cool .
Haven't tried much though

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

3 years ago I gave away a tacklebox with over 100 cranks in it. they catch more fishermen than fish.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

I love cranking. I catch over half of my fish on em

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:25 am

Senkos. I think I have the same 3 bags I bought 2 years ago. I'd rather catch a fish on almost anything else but a senko.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 am

This is funny to read...

Lipless cranks and shaky heads. For some reason I have never really warmed up to them or mabe they havn't warmed up to me!

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:47 am

crankbaits are one of the most effective way to catch a lot of fish and cover water. you will catch fish on them when they're not feeding with a reaction strike. you just have to know how to fish them effectively in different situations that's all.

i have to agree with rich on the senko. i'd much rather not use it when i don't have to. $7.50 per bag doesn't help either.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Stenkos and tubes .. Rarely used on the menu

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Overall i would say....

#1 Popper
#2 Dropshot/shaky head
#3 Senkos
#4 Deepcranks
#5 Spinnerbaits

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:42 pm

stratos1966

Senkos. I think I have the same 3 bags I bought 2 years ago. I'd rather catch a fish on almost anything else but a senko.

I'm with ya!
When i hold a senko i hear the words from Stratos "Senkos make fisherman stupid".
But i-m not a great skipper of jigs (yet) and i wont skip a jig with a spinning rod (preference). So i do shoot a stick bait under docks and other overhanging structure i want to get way back under Cool

Oh and if there is a nickel bet on the line and buddy beats the bank relentlessly with senkos and catches dinks like nobody's business.
I might grab one after my jig kicked his but and im just stealing the remainders from him Cool . it is a nickel Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Overall i would say....

#1 Popper
#2 Dropshot/shaky head
#3 Senkos
#4 Deepcranks
#5 Spinnerbaits

a better question would be what do you throw hahaha

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links