Alabama Rigs and Deep Cranks. Used them all the time when I lived in Bama, no more!

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 pm

huge topwater bait that i always carry with me for the right moment - fills up half my bag and looks pretty sweet

but in 4 years i used it twice - 60 $ well spent

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm still new at this, but I have had no luck with hooking up anything on ANY sort of rigged worm or a bass jig.

Caught most on spinner baits, top water frogs and inline spinners (great for smallmouths!)

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:35 pm

jbigun

Alabama Rigs and Deep Cranks. Used them all the time when I lived in Bama, no more!

I use my deep cranks all the time, never catch anything, but I use them.

I didn't even count the Alabama rigs I have because I don't have a rod heavy enough to properly fish them, and probably couldn't if I did.
skoda

huge topwater bait that i always carry with me for the right moment - fills up half my bag and looks pretty sweet

but in 4 years i used it twice - 60 $ well spent

Heh, I've climbed a tree to get a $10 dollar lure back, I would be stripping down for a swim if I snagged a 60 dollar lure.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:39 pm

I'd say the spinnerbait. I pull it out from time to time, but usually only when the fishing is dead and I'm going through the lures in the box to see if anything will work that day. I've had some luck, but not much with it.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Least used,I don't know.I try what ever is working.I don't have any big swim baits so I go to my confidence baits.If they don't work I go to my other options.I love buzzing a spinnerbait or a buzzbait if you action on top.Situations depend on active or inactive fish.I have caught some great fish on worms and the unliked senko.You don't have to buy Yamamoto at $8 a bag,Basspro has a great alternative.They give you a bag full for half the price.Probably my least used would be the frog.I'd rather run something across the top and look for a reaction or follow off the drop.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I have never used an alabam rig idk if that counts i would say the lure i used the least that does actually see a lil use are poppers

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:08 pm

I rarely use tubes or spinnerbaits- if I do it's because nothing else is working or because the other person on the boat is slayin' bass with them. I've caught fish on them but nothing to write home about.

Ken....no love for the frog?

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Blade baits or Rat-L Traps, in 20 years never caught one fish on them.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Spoons - Growing up they were killers on a lot of ponds and lakes, especially for pickerel, and maybe still are; but for some reason, I keep a couple in the tackle-box and just don't seem to fling 'em anymore.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Buzzbait.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

thelucky

Buzzbait.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

Throw it!!!

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm

shawneramone

thelucky

Buzzbait.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

Throw it!!!

I just hate that it takes it few cranks to get it going. I like topwater baits that I can walk and pause.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 pm

maxmcquaide

lunkerhunter2366

Overall i would say....

#1 Popper
#2 Dropshot/shaky head
#3 Senkos
#4 Deepcranks
#5 Spinnerbaits

a better question would be what do you throw hahaha

Pretty much anything besides those 5... Although im starting to get into finesse. I'll throw any other topwater besides a average popper( Im not counting lures that have that ability to pop like hollow body popping frogs and heddon chug-an-spook) I don't like senkos since im not after a limit im just big fish hunting....I got no confidence in deep cranking and i'll only throw spinnerbaits on good conditions.

You can catch me throwing anything besides those mention.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:13 pm

most of my Bass stuff. I need to stock up on Unleaded jig heads ..

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links