I have to admit, I am not a weed guy. (The water kind you jokers!)

I think I am going to stick to the Merrimack River this season and would like suggestions for north shore spots that are less weedy than the usual muck fest. I curse photosystems 1 and 2 and chlorophyll to boot.

So what spots are more rocky/deep or just are not overgrown to the point of marshland? Shout them out here.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by grayrider16 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:57 pm

weeds are your friend

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm

attitash

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Good call Sam. Are we talking boating or shore fishing?

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:02 pm

shawneramone

Good call Sam. Are we talking boating or shore fishing?

kayak fishing or shore but prefer to bring the kayak.

And weeds are NOT MY FRIEND!

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Attitash gets a lot of boat traffic. Horn pond in woburn is relative weed free and has some nice fish. Plenty of parking. 2 ramps.

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:12 pm

shawneramone

weeds are your friend

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:18 pm

jwall046

shawneramone

weeds are your friend

I am more in a love affair with beers but thats just me

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 pm

I didn't know there were places without weeds

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Are you kidding me, Weeds are best spot for bass to hiding at. But I am same as you do. I hate them. But will fish nearby them if they are in deep water. so, I can fish around it or put lures into it to make bass attack it. If those kind of weeds that grown far to surface, then I'll definitely will not fish this! I'll leave to other spot.

In the other hand, lily pads are my strongest point of fishing. I totally love them! If you seen them, go fish there! I am guarantee you that one or two bass are hiding in there. Just trying to bother them alot to make them bite it.

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links