Muskie Adventure Tours will be heading out of Gate 14 Scar Hill Sunday morning. Who wants to play? Open to all and eveyone

Location is off of rt70 scar hill road 8 min walk we start at 4:20am Sharp!!! Come on out and try your luck! hahahaha

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey Egor, you know I will be there!

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm

family in town for 3 weeks -

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:10 pm

nobody noticed i spelled it wrong? Shame on me!!!!!

Wachusett there thats better

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm

I'll see you there. No need for directions or a search and rescue this time.

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Make sure you have a spare tire!!!!

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Everybody spells it wrong. I'll be at the Quabbin

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Muskie, you mentioned in another thread that the wind is blowing from the south and that the RT70 side should be fished.

My question is, why not fish the rt110 side? Isn't this the side where the wind will blow all the algae, baitfish and thus predator fish to?

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 4:30 pm

oops, nevermind, a south wind is heading south, not coming from the south direction, my bad Smile

I'll be there saturday morning, tight lines!

Oh and if one is running multiple live bait lines, how in the world do you prevent a...say lake trout from swallowing the minnow and the hook? I'd love to know that some of these gut hooked fish survive to feed and breed...but who knows.

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 4:31 pm

would love to go but already made plans to take my buddy out boat fishin. gonna try n bag me a pike or atleast some decent bass but fingers crossed on pike Wink good luck at the res boys and shawn make sure you dont go wandering around the quabbin after midnight or you will be arrested for terrorism Wink

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

95% of the Fish are NOT gut hooked top jaw plate
I use 3/0 short shank wide profile hooks I cant remeber the last fish that swollowed the whole thing The Lakers will keep on running and the Smallies stop, turn it and then go agaiin. then set the hook

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

Bingo on what Muskiebigfish just said on laker and smallmouth run!

and I'm using size 4 eagleclaw hook. Wicked small compare to everyone. (i'm using this because I wanted my medium shiners to stay alive and continue swimming around to grab fish's attention!)

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 am

Keep in mind that muskie uses those hooks because he is throwing huge bait out there that most wouldn't throw. I use the same size hooks for large and xtra large shiners, but even those don't stay alive long enough.

And don't put it past muskie to throw more than one shiner on a hook and it actually worked...had to see it to believe it!

Out side the box!

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 am

it should be a beauty of a weekend

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 am

Still plenty of room for Sunday....

Don't let the Dark scare ya, we can hold hands on the walk if needed hahahahahhaa

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links