im going to see my best friend next week. he lives on the lake.

i never fished here before! any tips on how to slay them. we have a boat. but its not a bass boat so we are limited!

hows the pike fishing here?

he lives near the out let for little cobbossecontee lake.

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Stay off shore. deep weedlines and humps. Unmarked ones are best because they get less pressure. Pike fishing is ...eh. best in spring. Tip for Cobbossee. when you find a hump, drive in a straight line north or south and you might find another one and then when you do, repete the process. humps tend to line up in a row there.

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I got a huge pike there flipping a floating raft

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:00 pm

i will get my first pike next week. i plan on throwing sebiles stick shads and magic swimmer. who know i could get some big bass throwing these lures.

im gona use my small striper lures for pike.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:48 pm

you know, most of time, if they are not attacking the lures. you are better off to downsize your lures to attract them to bite it. you already know how I did. So, good luck buddy!

If I have to pick two universal/versatility lure, it will be spoon and senko!!! no matter how you use it. They will definitely work for any fish on what you are trying to catch.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:24 pm

one rod pike, 2 rods bass

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:36 pm

If your in a smaller boat try Cobbe Stream launch out of Pleasant pond. I think you would have a better chance for a Pike on the Cobbe Stream. Good luck.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:37 pm

hows the outlet to little cobbee???? ive heard thats a good spot as well as little cobbee pond for pike.

i dont care if its a 3lbser,5lbser 10lbser 20lbser i just want to catch one.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:13 pm

I've never fished little Cobbe.I have heard it's good but I don't think it has a big boat launch.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:32 pm

i dont know either. but its smaller,so that should mean i have a better chance of catching a pike in there.

im soooooo friggin excited. the bet is a 30 rack for who ever wins. which is gona be me. i cant wait to slam the fish up there

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links