Just curious of what everyones favorite setup is that they use? I love all my rods and reels that i have at the moment Im happy with arsenal that i have built up this year. But there is two that kinda stick out amongst the rest of them.

My two favorite set ups are

7ft 6in Shimano sellius Worm and Jig Rod with a Shimano Curado reel

7ft Quantum Smoke with a Quantum Smoke Reel (courtesy of Johnny)

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:55 pm

7'2 mhxfast endurance powell rod with shimano reel I plan on replacing all my rods with powell they are awsome rod and a awsome price

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Spinning would my Gloomis Nrx 822 paired with a Diawa Fuego.

Casting is a tough call.

Best all around is my Gloomis Glx 843c paired with Shimano Chronarch mg 50. Great for jigs, worms, spinnerbaits and top water. Plus, this combo is around 10 oz. and you're never tired after fishing with it all day.

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:29 pm

WHITE LIGHTNING!!!!

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:15 pm

spinning: G. Loomis NRX 822S DSR with a Shimano Stradic (upgrading to a lighter CI4 next year)

casting: Dobyn's Champion Extreme DX744CSH with Abu Garcia REVO Premier

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 pm

No Brainer...
FLIPPING STICK!
My 7ft 2 XH Shimano Crucial paired with Shimano Chronarch CH101B

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Neil i still need to take a class at the Sinista School for flipping!

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 pm

kizel13

Neil i still need to take a class at the Sinista School for flipping!

He should make a video

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Shimano Chronarch on a Shimano Cumara 7'3" medium heavy

Shiman Stradic on a 6'8" Shimano Cumara 6'8"

Do you sense a trend?

If Im fishing HEAVY weeds Shimano Chronic on a 7'10" heavy fast St. Croix Legend series BIG jig rod.

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

I see a chronarch in my future

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 pm

shimano makes some good reels. i have mostly dobyn's rods and abu garcia revo stx / premier reels. found something could stick with.

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:11 pm

SHIMANO!!!!

im done with penn....i snapped 2 this past striper season. both from casting.

i love my shimano telavera rod. its a great rod to cast medium to large plugs for stripers and jigging for inshore cod.
i snapped my other freshwater shimano with my paddle.

bad luck with rods this year for me.

i snapped another tsunami blue wave on a big blue fish.

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:36 pm

shawneramone

I see a chronarch in my future

Shawn ive been told by a couple people that the curado is just as good as the chronarch that there is really no difference and a couple of the people were the ones trying to sell me the reel so you would think theyd pitch the more expensive one.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:12 am

i've also heard the chronarch is the curado E but with a different color, name, and cheaper components. not sure how true that is but i'm sure the chronarch is a good reel.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 am

samf

i've also heard the chronarch is the curado E but with a different color, name, and cheaper components. not sure how true that is but i'm sure the chronarch is a good reel.

Sam , the Chronarch is actually 1 up from the Curado, not 1 down. It has a couple features the Curado does not.

And Shawn........ It's WHITE, what better reel to put on White Lightning? Laughing

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:44 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links