6'8 MH shimano sellus with a shimano cittica reel

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 am

Shimano is clearly dominant here

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am

Then I'll have to throw in a plug for my Abus - I'm always switching up my rods and reels to find the best combos. My favorite all-purpose rod is my Vendetta 7' MH paired with Quantum Smoke, Revo SX (gen 3) or Abu ProMax reel.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 am

I really like the vendettas still havent tried a revo

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 am

love using my powell diesel spinning rod with a pflueger president or my powell punch stick with a revo

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 am

samf

i've also heard the chronarch is the curado E but with a different color, name, and cheaper components. not sure how true that is but i'm sure the chronarch is a good reel.

Sam, the Chronarch 200e/50e is pretty much the same as the Curado 200e/50e other than the paint scheme and the Chronarch e has an upgraded drag. The Chronarch D is the much better reel than the Curdado e or Chronarch e. The Chronarch D is pretty much an all aluminum version of the Core 100.

The Curado 50e is a really sweet reel. Especially when they were blowing them out in anticipation of the Curado g series in the summer of 2011. There's nothing like scoring a couple of 50e's for $95 each and then upgrading the bearings with orange seal Boca's. After all, it's just a green Chronarch 50e.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm

thanks Chuck. very good information there. i was looking at chronarchs for cranking but heard all the conflicting info. out there.

in terms of value, construction / quality, drag, components, you can't go wrong with a gen. 3 abu garcia revo stx. tons of drag which maybe be important for certain applications.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:04 pm

stratos1966

Shimano Chronarch on a Shimano Cumara 7'3" medium heavy

Shiman Stradic on a 6'8" Shimano Cumara 6'8"

Do you sense a trend?

If Im fishing HEAVY weeds Shimano Chronic on a 7'10" heavy fast St. Croix Legend series BIG jig rod.

Through the grapevine I heard there is nothing BIG about your rod..

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 am

No brainer! Casting Flipping stick! 7'6" MHF shimano crucial w/ shimano core w/ upgraded abec 7 bearings and drag plate that brings it form 11lbs of drag to about 17.

I also have another casting set up that I love for the jig. My 7'2" MHF shimano crucial w/ abu Garcia premiere.

Spinning: 6'8" MHF shimono crucial W/ shimano stradic 2500 FJ.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm

No brainer! Casting Flipping stick! 7'6" MHF shimano crucial w/ shimano core w/ upgraded abec 7 bearings and drag plate that brings it form 11lbs of drag to about 17.

I also have another casting set up that I love for the jig. My 7'2" MHF shimano crucial w/ abu Garcia premiere.

Spinning: 6'8" MHF shimono crucial W/ shimano stradic 2500 FJ.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 pm

samf

for you shimano guys....

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/catpage-DAY2.html

Saw it...99$ Cumura's is an insane deal

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Yeah, but not much selection left Sad

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 am

samf

for you shimano guys....

Thanks sam!!! Just picked up the punch rod! Going to use it for the slammer too!! Good looks kid!!

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am

emerton

samf

for you shimano guys....

Thanks sam!!! Just picked up the punch rod! Going to use it for the slammer too!! Good looks kid!!

I have that rod and love it. I was planning on grabbing the 7'4" Heavy but they sold out

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links