Fishing wise, what's on your To Do list for 2013?

Mine: Continue finding less pressured BOW where the Big GURLS live.

Fish as much as possible early in the season. It's my belief thats when a lot of the bigger fish are caught.

Fish more salt water. I got out 4-5 times last year thanks to friends, targeting Stripers and Albies, I want to do more. Catching a COW striper from a yak is on my to do list.

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Become more familiar and at least proficient in two new techniques. I am thinking drop shot and the carolina rig, but havent decided yet.

Get up north to fish VT/NH/ME more.

Hit the 6lbs mark

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 pm

To get my new boat all decked and pimped by Beaver Fever in time for spring. I have no doubts. To build on last year. I grew by leaps and bounds I really want to be able to locate and catch fish using my electronics. I got the lowrance elite 4 dsi in the mail yesterday.

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 pm

To tournament fish in MA or not that is the question Rich.

I'm signed up for the Bassmaster Northern Open on Lake Erie & FLW Everstart on Champlain as a co angler so I'm looking forward to those. Besides those two I want to get out to Candlewood to prepare for the fish offs.

Other than that I want to fish VT & ME.

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 pm

jbigun

To tournament fish in MA or not that is the question Rich.

I'm signed up for the Bassmaster Northern Open on Lake Erie & FLW Everstart on Champlain as a co angler so I'm looking forward to those. Besides those two I want to get out to Candlewood to prepare for the fish offs.

Other than that I want to fish VT & ME.

Brighton trip up North jbigun? haha I think Sam is down the street too

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm always looking for someone to split gas with man. Anytime you want to go north let me know.

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Get my 1st "starter" bass boat

Break the 6Lb mark (shy by 2 oz)

Keep learning more and more and become an overall better fisherman

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm

also getting my first starter bass boat.
venture out more to unfamiliar bodies of water.
finally land a pike lol.
reach the 7 lb mark my current personal best is 6.5.
fish with "people" more often and less by myselfin odd hours of the night.
start mapping out certains areas that i like to fish with a sonar on my soon to own new boat Smile
spend less money on tackle ,rods,and reels and save more money for when im old lol

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Break 8 pounds
Find at least 1 new swimbait to have some laughs with.
Come up with at least 5 new reasons not to fish with Rich again

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm

roger, you've never caught a 6?

-fish as much as possible out of the Bever Fever topper mod
-bring back the tournament consistency from 2 years ago which also means hopefully fishing consistently with the same partner this year
-catch a 7 pounder although i've only caught 1 over 6 so i'd take multiple 6s.

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm looking to catch one over 5 this year. Last year I had a 4lb 15oz which is my PB.

Also want to do less Senko fishing and more Frog/Jig fishing.

Maybe take down a Kayak tourney too Smile

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 pm

river_pirate

Break 8 pounds
Find at least 1 new swimbait to have some laughs with.
Come up with at least 5 new reasons not to fish with Rich again

Just.......... wow!!!! Crying or Very sad

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Ouch!Rich is that personal?
I think I would like to break the 7.1 barrier,I have caught 2 so far at different lakes,and I would like to get Scotty out of his 2012 slump and get him catching some good fish this year.Did some ice for the third time and finally caught some fish.I guess it helps when you go with guy's that know what to do.We caught 1 bass and 3 picks.I really hope the ice is gone soon.lol

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm

khaskins

Ouch!Rich is that personal?
I think I would like to break the 7.1 barrier,I have caught 2 so far at different lakes,and I would like to get Scotty out of his 2012 slump and get him catching some good fish this year.Did some ice for the third time and finally caught some fish.I guess it helps when you go with guy's that know what to do.We caught 1 bass and 3 picks.I really hope the ice is gone soon.lol

at least your tryin Ken! unlike most of these seasonal prejudices!

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:40 pm

learn to carolina rig and to hopefully enter a kayak tourney Very Happy

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links