I'm sure you've heard about the new Strike King XD10 crankbait that will dive to 25+ feet. I just saw today that Lucky Craft is also releasing a 6 inch deep diver for 25+ feet. I don't even know why I want these so bad. I have very little experience deep cranking. But damn these baits look awesome. As a bonus Lucky Craft is releasing a 6 inch square bill that will go to 13 feet. I need that too!!!!! Tackle Warehouse just shipped their first pre-orders of the XD10 recently that sold for 14.99. I can't imagine LC selling theirs for that price as all their stuff seems more expensive. I'm pretty sure they release this stuff in the winter because they know we're just sitting at home on the computer looking at fishing gear all day. Here's the Skeet Reese release video. http://youtu.be/nvJrp7e1ZcI

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

I want one! Actually like 3 or 4 because I know the first cast I'm going get it snagged on the bottom.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:38 pm

I've recently purchased a plug knocker. I imagine that thing will get a workout

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm on my third lure retriever, I need to find a retriever for my lure retriever.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 am

LOL how do you lose them? This is my first one. I actually cut a rod down to the first eye and spooled it up on an old Penn round baitcaster I had. It looks like it'll work awesome

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 am

Better hit the gym hard before committing to those crankbaits. They will wear you out FAST

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 am

I picked up a couple of 10xd's for me and for Dan. They are HUGE!

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am

Mann's 30+ is a crazy work out. Thowing those deep divers is exhausting. I can't wait to throw the 10xd though

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 am

stratos1966

Better hit the gym hard before committing to those crankbaits. They will wear you out FAST

I'M JACKED, JACK!!!

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 am

shawneramone

LOL how do you lose them? This is my first one. I actually cut a rod down to the first eye and spooled it up on an old Penn round baitcaster I had. It looks like it'll work awesome

Lost one in the charles probably on a submerged car, and another I tried to pop a lure off from shore. I think it got stuck behind a rock.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am

thelucky

I'm on my third lure retriever, I need to find a retriever for my lure retriever.

I make my own take a 3-4oz egg sinker and then take a paper clip unfold one side thread it into the sinker and bend it over works like a charm.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 am

take an old spark plug and bend the part where the spark arcs so it makes an enclosed loop, attach a snap clip of your choice to said spark plug as well as 2 small lengths of lightweight daisy chain ( these will help grab onto your treble hooks so you can drag the lure back to surface)and attach that clip to a long length of 550 survival cord (sold very cheap at any army navy store) lure gets stuck attach spark plug to semi tight line via snap clip and let it ride down your line to hit your lure , if the initial impact dosent break it free pull it back up with the 550 cord and the chains should grab your hooks, if not retrieve and let it drop again til the lure either is knocked free or the chains grab the hooks (550 cord is 550lb test so nothing will keep that lure from coming back up)

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

I just ordered 2 of them XD 10's. Should get them in March

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

With the right equipment throwing those crankbaits won't wear you out at all. I plan on throwing them on a loomis 904 swimbait rod with a curado 301.

I use a 7'11" crucial cranking rod/abu winch for 6xd's and that isn't bad to throw all day either.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

jbigun

With the right equipment throwing those crankbaits won't wear you out at all. I plan on throwing them on a loomis 904 swimbait rod with a curado 301.

I use a 7'11" crucial cranking rod/abu winch for 6xd's and that isn't bad to throw all day either.

Exactly, I read that Phil Marks uses a swimbait rod to throw it so I will be too. I don't have a fancy G Loomis but I like my Okuma guide select

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links