I have 3 Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifiers. 2 of them I bought last Feb and the other one I bought this summer. About 2 weeks ago as I was working a spinner bait the spool just completely loosened and mu=y line birdnested. I was like wtf? Did I do something? A few minutes later it happened again. So I started messing with the handle and when I used a stop and go stop and go I could feel it slipping until it would just open the spool. The anti reverse is messed up. Then the other one I had bought at the same time started doing it. Today my newest one did it twice. Is it possible that the anti reverse on these reels is cheesy or am I doing something wrong? I can't find anything online. I know BPS will exchange them. I have the receipts. Has anybody else had this problem? I caught this fish today. Dec, 2nd 2012 with White lightning.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Any cheaper bait caster reel I've boughten over the years after a year or so they all do it I have a new rule don't buy reels under 75 unless on sale. Billington sea and little long pond both have reels on the bottom from this issue. Ill let it slip to I miss a fish then off they go sailing into the water. Haha btw text me your number so I got it for next season I let you in on some stuff for oldham might need to pick your brain for this season 7742693909

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:44 pm

They cost 100 bucks each and have good reviews. Until this issue came up I loved them. I'm wicked bummed

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 pm

All I gotta say is LEWS' SPEED SPOOL ! Best hundred bucks I ever spent. 10 bearings, aluminum frame, smooth drag. Feels smooth as butter

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 pm

everyone I have known with a Pro Qualifier has liked them until they fall apart. They usually do.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Could it be related to the temperature? I was having a few issues with some of my reels yesterday. Seems weird that it would happen on all three reels for the first time on the same day.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm

I just googled my problem worded a little differently than before and one of the first things I saw was about a spinning reel having that problem and it's due to too much grease on the anti reverse clutch. Sounds like my reels need a cleaning. I'm gonna do that sometime this week. Once I read it I believe that's my problem. I'm a little heavy handed with the lube

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm

berkleegrad

Could it be related to the temperature? I was having a few issues with some of my reels yesterday. Seems weird that it would happen on all three reels for the first time on the same day.

One of them started doing it weeks ago and then the other and then today the third one did it. That's why I was thinking it's something I did. Too much lube I think

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm

shawneramone

I'm a little heavy handed with the lube

Laughing

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

Laughing

I knew that would get your attention

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:33 pm

shawneramone

stratos1966

shawneramone

Laughing

You said it twice to make sure Laughing

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:34 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

stratos1966

shawneramone

Laughing

You said it twice to make sure Laughing

See? Heavy with the lube. No joke

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

I don't blame you. Lube is your friend. Not enough while jerking or cranking and you start to build a lot of friction that friction can turn to heat and transfer up your rod. Thats the last thing you want. You rod looses all sensitivity then and the rod starts to break down and you are left with a wet noodle.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm

nobody wants a wet noodle

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Could be too much lube but I have the same issue with my first casteri ever bought its an Abu silver max and when it gets real cold the anti reverse is basically non existent but oddly enough once it warms up it goes back to normal, I think it's a very common issue with cheap casting reals. When it started getting real cold out I cought a little 3# largemouth on it and the anti reverse s*** out on me, that fish felt like a marlin lol. Every time he tryed to run some line my handle would turn backwards so I had to fight him basically on what felt like a 1 to 1 ratio fly reel with no drag. What a frustrating but fun fight

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links