Two questions:
(1) About when would the dates for each trail be posted for next year? (Hoping that cartoppers will be on my off weekend)
(2) I am looking for a partner for cartopper trail for next year cause none of my friends fish like I do and can't stand fishing for more than like 3 hours cause they suck. Anyone looking to make a team? I have the topper, just need a partner cause I enjoy company while fishing.

The first question may be way too early, just figured I'd try!

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 pm

zack137z

Two questions:
(1) About when would the dates for each trail be posted for next year? (Hoping that cartoppers will be on my off weekend)
(2) I am looking for a partner for cartopper trail for next year cause none of my friends fish like I do and can't stand fishing for more than like 3 hours cause they suck. Anyone looking to make a team? I have the topper, just need a partner cause I enjoy company while fishing.

Actually I'm pretty sure Neil has a schedule or an idea of a schedule already with just the permits to be obtained. All that stuff will come out over the next few months. As far a partner goes, you should do some on the water interviews with different guys (if you get multiple offers) to see who you fish well with and can be on a boat with for 7 hours.

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 pm

shawneramone

zack137z

Two questions:

Actually I'm pretty sure Neil has a schedule or an idea of a schedule already with just the permits to be obtained. All that stuff will come out over the next few months. As far a partner goes, you should do some on the water interviews with different guys (if you get multiple offers) to see who you fish well with and can be on a boat with for 7 hours.

excellent point!
I fished with Neil this year for the 1st time and he didn't realize it but i was interviewing him . Totally kidding! He is an awesome Dude and i really like fishing with him!

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Quite honestly I think it would be rare to get someone that you couldn't fish with. You automatically start off with fishing in common. I fished with three other guys besides my regular partners this season and all 3 were great to fish with. With Kevin, well we are now good friends. Not only did we have fishing in common, we also both play hockey. There's something about this website that attracts great guys. The funny thing is we all "stumble" across it. I did 2 winters ago while looking for new ponds to fish. So glad I did. It pretty much changed my life as far as fishing is concerned.

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Exactly how I found this place too. If I can find a partner I'll be excited, if not I may have to solo the cartoppers/occassionally bring a friend cause they're not cool enough to wanna go to all

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I agree 100%!
I tripped over this site by mistyping another site (That i never went on again). But i have a few friends that like to fish but that's the extent. I can hang out with them for a couple hours on my boat after work but then they fizzle out.
I fished with Smoke,fallen timber,volume 4130,Sinista and had a great time with em all!
The cool things is 99% of the guys on here have fishing in common and we all talk about it alot!
I don't have the time to be involved in every tourney.But Sinista is my go to guy if he's available if not i have no problem sending out a request to find another maffer to jump on board.
But Shawn is correct. Finding a true tourney partner must difficult.

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

zack137z

Exactly how I found this place too. If I can find a partner I'll be excited, if not I may have to solo the cartoppers/occassionally bring a friend cause they're not cool enough to wanna go to all

Pm'ed

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 pm

thelucky

zack137z

Pm'ed

I guess your interview would go something like this...
Zach: is that a ten pounder on your profile?
Thelucky: why yes, yes it is
Zack: you're hired

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 pm

I found MAFF accidentally as well, while looking up a body of water (don't remember which one now) in Massachusetts. I do remember sending Karl (Kman) an email saying "Check out this site, it's pretty cool!" and the rest as they say is history! Very Happy

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 pm

shawneramone

Quite honestly I think it would be rare to get someone that you couldn't fish with. You automatically start off with fishing in common. I fished with three other guys besides my regular partners this season and all 3 were great to fish with. With Kevin, well we are now good friends. Not only did we have fishing in common, we also both play hockey. There's something about this website that attracts great guys. The funny thing is we all "stumble" across it. I did 2 winters ago while looking for new ponds to fish. So glad I did. It pretty much changed my life as far as fishing is concerned.

Shawn I did not know you played hockey. You dont happen to play in the stickysocks league?

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Maybe I'm older and maybe a bit out of touch, but what is the stickysocks league?

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:03 pm

pocketfisherman

Maybe I'm older and maybe a bit out of touch, but what is the stickysocks league?

It's actually called stinkysocks. It's a league

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 pm

prov1

shawneramone

Shawn I did not know you played hockey. You dont happen to play in the stickysocks league?

I only played once in that league. I skated last summer in a mens league around here. Malden, Everett, Stoneham mostly. I also played pickup games like once a week. I opted not to play this summer so I could always fish. I subbed a couple of games. Right now I'm totally out of hockey shape but hope to start skating again soon. Do you play? How did we not talk about hockey?

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Shawn you can always come down my area to play if your looking for pickup hours i play 3-4 times a week

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:46 am

kizel13

Shawn you can always come down my area to play if your looking for pickup hours i play 3-4 times a week

Thanks, right now I'm waiting on the guys I usually play with to see what ice they come up with. The rinks we usually use are all really close by. If I have to travel I'll probably skip. I'm a lazy bastid

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links