I hear you on the laziness if you guys are ever looking for more people give me a shout. Surprised we got so many hockey players on here

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 am

MAFF Hockey team?

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 am

Ex- hockey player hear too
Ex- golfer
Ex-motocross
ex everything after family Very Happy

All good though!
Now i coach my kids and their teams.

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am

shawneramone

MAFF Hockey team?

Im down haha

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

Jay, I was helping out with my son's team and was loving it so much I started skating once a week with a bunch of guys. I lost a bunch of weight (I was going to the gym a lot too), was having a blast and just loving the competition. The funny thing is my son quit playing but I didn't. I pretty much took this summer off though so need to build it all back up.

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 am

Sorry your thread got turned Zack

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 am

THIS half of Team Northshore was a decent skater back in my day Shawn. Kman skates as well still! Every so often I lace them up and rent ice with family or friends, but haven't played in a league in quite some time. Hockey is one of the best sports to play (ice or street) in my opinion! I can't tell you the amount of ice/floor time I have logged up at hockeytown. I remember playing street hockey on my buds team a few years ago and you were required to have Hockeytown ID's then (don't know about anymore). All the other guy's Ids were numbered and up in the thousands. When they looked up mine, I was below 100 (like #44). Old school hockeytown days!

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:05 pm

shawneramone

prov1

shawneramone

Quite honestly I think it would be rare to get someone that you couldn't fish with. You automatically start off with fishing in common. I fished with three other guys besides my regular partners this season and all 3 were great to fish with. With Kevin, well we are now good friends. Not only did we have fishing in common, we also both play hockey. There's something about this website that attracts great guys. The funny thing is we all "stumble" across it. I did 2 winters ago while looking for new ponds to fish. So glad I did. It pretty much changed my life as far as fishing is concerned.

Shawn I did not know you played hockey. You dont happen to play in the stickysocks league?

I only played once in that league. I skated last summer in a mens league around here. Malden, Everett, Stoneham mostly. I also played pickup games like once a week. I opted not to play this summer so I could always fish. I subbed a couple of games. Right now I'm totally out of hockey shape but hope to start skating again soon. Do you play? How did we not talk about hockey?

yea idk how we didnt talk about hockey but yea i play usually once a week in the pick uo games stinkysocks does. I usually play in andover bedford or somerville. Once hunting season is over i will prolly go back to playing a couple times a week

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:06 pm

I just got a cramp reading this post. We played Hockey pretty much 90% of our lives. After the league days we started our own and played every Sunday for many years. Roger and I were not allowed on the same team in the pickup days.

I'm always down to play, my brother still has ice time once a week. I would be down to get a maff game together and rent some ice. Might need the paramedics close by.

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Yea i wouldnt mind getting a game together with a bunch of guys from here. After deer season I will be will have alot of free time and will be looking to get on the ice often

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

LOL Kman!!! No check

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Shawn, I bet you have a slap shot stick, a wrist shot stick, a tip in stick, etc. lol

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm

kman

Shawn, I bet you have a slap shot stick, a wrist shot stick, a tip in stick, etc. lol

lol, no I'm wicked cheap about my sticks. My favorite one broke recently. It was Patrice Bergeron's. Now I'm using a Nick Boynton stick. Remember him? It's about to break too. I need the NHL to start so I can get a new stick

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 pm

they give you sticks at the airport?

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I also have a part time job at the Garden on the Bull Gang. My Brother in law works there full time so he's the real hook up. I just got back from there. Rush was playing

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links