Many forces of nature can activate the bass into feeding. Wind, a full moon, sunrise and sunset to name a few. What kind of effect do you think an earthquake would have. Also, if you were on your boat during an earthquake, would you be able to feel it? Last night was a cool but scary experience that makes me think life in Cali isn't all peaches and cream.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:09 am

yes they can definitely feel it and it triggers them to feed heavy. The rule of thumb is you will catch fish one lb per magnitude. You can expect to catch lots of 4.6 lb bass today.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 am

Is that accurate? What if I catch 5 pounders all day? Should I report that to BASS?

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 am

You fish so much your the only one i know that has a chance of actually being on the water during a earthquake. Go Fish

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 am

I can't see how an earthquake could trigger bass into feeding. The event in itself lasts less then a minute. If anything I would think it would "spook" them and shut them down.
Things like you mentioned... wind, moon phase, sunrise and sunset take place over hours. Those things effect light penatration ( yes i said penatration) which inturn effect fishing. An earthquake is too short of an event and does not effect light penatration (3x in one post)

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 am

Say a show once that says Japanese fisherman claim before earthquakes is a really good time to fish.

So you should have been on the water yesterday in Maine!

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 am

Dammit, I'm always a day late and never get enough penetration

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 am

shawneramone

Are you Irish?

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:00 am

stratos1966

shawneramone

Are you Irish?

ya they call me light switch

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:02 am

I was joking guys

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 am

lolololol @ "the light switch"

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am

Ya right Kman. You just slipped and gave out the biggest tip of your life. Now I just have to figure out a way to cause earthquakes and I'll be set for life

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 am

stratos1966

I can't see how an earthquake could trigger bass into feeding. The event in itself lasts less then a minute. If anything I would think it would "spook" them and shut them down.
Things like you mentioned... wind, moon phase, sunrise and sunset take place over hours. Those things effect light penatration ( yes i said penatration) which inturn effect fishing. An earthquake is too short of an event and does not effect light penatration (3x in one post)

It was a joke Rich, but we KNEW you were going to chime in on it and you followed suit as expected. Wink Some people are just so easy to goad!

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 am

I knew you were joking. I was not sure if Shawn was asking a ligit question or not. I shoulf have known better.

Going into hibernation mode after Sunday

Last edited by stratos1966 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:13 am

SHAWN JOKES

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links