I'm thinking about going to quinsigamond this thursday for the first time and i'm wondering where to fish for bass. From doing a little research i see theres smallies and large mouth in there, wouldn't mind caching both species. Is it worth fishing the middle basin for bass or should i just stick to flint pond? Any info would be appreciated!

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm

hate to be sarcastic, but can't help it when it comes to this place. Advice? DONT GO HERE. Waaaaaay tooooo many dinks.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:54 am

GO SOMEPLACE ELSE. The place is a toilet. Pave it! seriously. you have a better chance of getting the skunk here then any other body of water in massachusetts.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

stratos1966

GO SOMEPLACE ELSE. The place is a toilet. Pave it! seriously. you have a better chance of getting the skunk here then any other body of water in massachusetts.

DITTO!!!

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 am

I can't say i have fished it. So everybody could be right?
My friend has been fishing it often this year and was surprised by the amount of decent fish he caught. I think it was in the flint pond area.
Fyi - he is a bad-ass fisherman and catches fish when some people can't.
He even said in the tournament the weights where good as well.
I was shocked by his statements as well because i thought the place sucked and wouldn't waste my time. But he has me interested now.No guarantees though you might get skunked? Only one way to find out Cool .

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:07 am

Will you be boating or walking? I am one of the very small minority who likes Quinsigamond. I know there's lots of small fish but it's keeps you busy. Believe it or not, during a Freedom Tournament maybe 7 years ago, i caught a 3.49 largie and a 4.98 SMALLIE!!! I have the pics as well! i'll try to find them! Ithought i hooked a carp when that 5 lb smallie jumped! Both fish were caught throwing a jerkbait in May. I'll try and find the pic...still is one of my biggest smallmouth to date!

Last edited by jayfaro on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:28 am

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 am

I never thought the place was to good based on tournament results i have seen, but i just saw some results from this year with a 7+lb bass a 6+lb, and quite a few smallies over 2lb, one going 2.9lb all in one tournament. So i figured maybe the place isn't so bad, but that must have been one lucky day for the place. Plus the side imaging fish finders the size of my computer screen help too i'm sure lol

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 am

wow jayfaro, nice smallie! I'd be taking my boat if i go there

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:44 am

Hmmm, i work in Worcester...might be able to sneak out for a couple of hours...

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 am

I do know that it's a great place to kill record setting Carp by shooting them in the back with a Crossbow!

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:36 am

jjbagoose

I do know that it's a great place to kill record setting Carp by shooting them in the back with a Crossbow!

Don't tell Blackstone Shocked

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 am

jwall046

jjbagoose

He knows. He felt a disturbance in the force

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 am

If you are looking for slab Rock Bass... Quinsig is the place!!

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 am

jwall046

jjbagoose

Oh he knows, I was just referring to this:

http://environment.blog.state.ma.us/blog/2012/05/monster-carp-breaks-state-record.html

I love the comment section.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links