Blackstone already knows about that Ass Hat that Shot the Carp. I fish The Lake alot in the Spring for Carp with my rods.... The North end has a lot of Rainbows and the Salmon run thru there also Coleminners Brook behind Fallon might give you what u want or on the other side of the west mountain street bridge Shrewsbury side little cove full of Lilly pads and other great stuff for the fish to hide under I have taken nice LMB from in there Great Luck to ya They should be stocking it soooooooon

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 pm

I was back home late last month fishing on the Clinch River in VA(river mentioned in the attached link) with my dad. A wildlife dept. guy came down to our spot to do a survey (travel time, money spent, etc). He ended it by asking my opinion on using shotguns to hunt suckers (yep, I immediately had that are you f***ing kidding me look on my face, I searched the web and this article explains all and disregard the end of the article)

http://www.fuzilogik.com/Sports-Articles/Sports-Articles/They-Shoot-Fish-Don-t-They.html

The guy said that people in the water wait down the river to collect the fish with nets. I threw the BS flag. Scott county is redneck personified. Yeah, I get that some people eat them but what about those fish that miss the nets, are concussed less then lethally but enough to kill them later, and are really never captured/eaten. I immediately went into my rant about guys in MA hunting carp with a bow and the BS that was and this to me is even worse. Yeah, a sucker is not as game like as a carp but to me, if its in the water, get your freaking rod and reel out if you want to catch it. I'll stop there. On a great note, my dad caught his biggest smallmouth ever, right at 3lbs. He was shaking after he caught it which was pretty awesome as I've never seem him like that before and the excitement was very evident.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm

One more note, when I was at Lake Q last about a month ago, the bottom in Flint is covered with a black moss, weed type of plant. Any jig or bottom bait grabbed this crap up fast. Plenty of pads but no luck on frogs (and i hit it hard in the evening). Not a single blowup.

At the launch, ran into guys who trolled during the day. They had luck but nothing really big. The pleasure craft on Q are crazy. I know there are big ones there but you would have to hit it early or on a weekday.

Back at the launch, ran into the illegals gutting fish and buckets of them at that. It was getting dark, I was in a hurry, and my buddy was driving my jeep so I didnt get into it too bad with them and i realized too late that the reason it was taking so long was because the illegals had a lane of the ramp blocked. Fortunately two other guys in a boat went down and gave them plenty of their mind. I dont they would have unless there were plenty of us to have their back because as you know with illegals, where there is one, there is 20. I would have pulled the air horn out if I wasnt trying to put all the rods/lures up. Wheres the EP when you need them? I'm not sure even if they didnt have their vehicle in the way if other people would have pulled two trucks down as their were way too many newbies trying to load. If I had been in my jeep I would have pressed the issue but I was in the boat.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 pm

massive smallie. nice.
Shocked

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links