Hot,Humid and windy day. Congrats to the Bigmouths/Basstechs and Dirty water.

Team Stratos almost pulled off a late win with 5 lber. He can share what happened if he chooses. A for effort.

1st Bigmouths/Basstechs 5 fish 16.85 5.32 lunker
2nd Northshore 5 fish 15.28 4.71
3rd Dirty water 5 fish 15.27 4.77

4th Stratos 5 fish 14.91
5th Sinista 4 fish 11.09 5.16
6th Pound Town 4 fish 7.70
7th Beaver Fever4 fish 4.46
8th Bass Tub 1 fish 4.37
9th Halo 2 fish 4.15
10th Bassasins 2 fish 2.49
11th Hookset 1 fish 1.57
12th Coast Gaurd no weight

Last edited by kman on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:44 pm

great job guys! let me guess the bass jumped out of the cooler?

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:20 pm

With about 5 minutes to go we puuled up on the pileings by the ramp that we along with everyone else had pounded into a froth throughout the day. My buddy joe was fishing a 1 oz jig when he felt "tic" in the middle of that mess. He sets and keeps her coming doing a great job of c learing her from all that tangled wood. unfortunatly she went airborn when she reached the surface and spit the hook 3' from the boat......... and then just sat there on the surface for a brief second. I was already streached out trying to get to that fish with the net asap. I dont know what hit me but I lunged at that 5lber just sitting there and in the lake i went, net, cell phone, wallet and all. Laughing The net hit her and she bolted for deep water...... SWING and a MISS Laughing

Great job everyone. Some really impressive bags were caught. Congrats Bigmouths on the win!!!

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Great job guys....some BIG bags and BIG bass!

Rich, way to dive in after Larry...that's awesome!

Northshore always dangerous!

Bigmouths- WOW!

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Rich, you're my hero! Larry first, personal belongings second!

Love it!

No dead fish too!!!

Great job guys!

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Wow nice job to all and congrats to Bigmouths/Basstechs. Stratos that is painful to even read about

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Rich for all the time you spend on the water and you don't waterproof your phone and wallet? You need an aquapac and an otterbox before you go jumping outta boats!!!! Great Job though. Awesome effort.

Congrats to my man Kevin and Scott for a sick bag. Northshore is always near the top of the board and Dirty water with a big bummer. I love fishing with you guys so much I paid 50 bucks to catch 2 1/2 pounds of fish. I was sick with jealousy seeing Kev pull in a 5 pounder and then Sam pulling one in 5 minutes later. Right before my very eyes. There were a lot of pigs weighed in today. Mystic is only 15 minutes from my house. I think I need to spend a little more time there.

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 pm

stratos1966

With about 5 minutes to go we puuled up on the pileings by the ramp that we along with everyone else had pounded into a froth throughout the day. My buddy joe was fishing a 1 oz jig when he felt "tic" in the middle of that mess. He sets and keeps her coming doing a great job of c learing her from all that tangled wood. unfortunatly she went airborn when she reached the surface and spit the hook 3' from the boat......... and then just sat there on the surface for a brief second. I was already streached out trying to get to that fish with the net asap. I dont know what hit me but I lunged at that 5lber just sitting there and in the lake i went, net, cell phone, wallet and all. Laughing The net hit her and she bolted for deep water...... SWING and a MISS Laughing

Great job everyone. Some really impressive bags were caught. Congrats Bigmouths on the win!!!

Rich, I had the pleasure of watching this all play out right before my eyes and I really thought you got the fish in the net with that effort! Truthfully myself I always thought about that exact scenario and if I'd jump in to get a fish that just spit a lure that was a biggin? I still am not sure, but at least I know what it would look like now, LOL! Very Happy

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:07 pm

pocketfisherman

stratos1966

Rich, I had the pleasure of watching this all play out right before my eyes and I really thought you got the fish in the net with that effort! Truthfully myself I always thought about that exact scenario and if I'd jump in to get a fish that just spit a lure that was a biggin? I still am not sure, but at least I know what it would look like now, LOL! Very Happy

Quick story: A few years ago i was fishing with a buddy and the same thing happened only the fish came unbuttoned a little closer to the boat. It just sat there near the surface for that 1,2 count. I lunged and got the fish in the net without having to go for a swim. i think that was in the back of my head this time and I did not realize or process that this time the fish was further away. I lunged and just kept going till i got to the fish.

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Nice day congrats to all, that sucks rich but I bet you cooled off for a second.

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Congrats to the top 3 teams, nice bags!! Big Thanks to Team Northshore for hosting. Just wasn't our day today! We quickly figured out that the pads is where the big girls were hiding, but couldn't get em in the boat. Missed about 4-5 big bites & then sprung a leak in the boat too.

Stratos, saw that plunge in to the water for that 5lber, I thought you had em too! After 6 hours of not 1 fish in the boat I was ready to do the same!!! HAHA!!

Great seeing everyone!

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 pm

that was a three hundred dollar fish he dove for

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Hey guys big thanks to Northshore for hosting, job well done. Congrats to everyone who placed and for all who caught big Larry's yesterday!! Thanks kev for putting us on the fish, Your a beast!! This is my first season with MAFF and I'm really pumped for my first win!! Some good bags were pulled yesterday I'm just glad we were able to put a 4 and 5lber in the boat to seal the deal. Awesome lake and great group of guys, I look forward to the next tourney. See you guys on the water!

Scott

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 am

Congrats to the winners! Some great bags weighed in and a close finish, cant ask for more than that.That was a heart breaker of a fish at the end but thanks for the laugh Rich! Look forward to fishing again with you guys. -Joe

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:25 am

Great Job by everyone , Congrats to all!!

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links