what has been seen cannot be unseen

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Ha ha it was at that last spotwe were fighting you guys for should've just given it to you

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:45 pm

LOL, karma baby!

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 pm

congrats to everyone especially bigmouths and northshore for their performance and for hosting. the day had its ups and downs. pretty much wish we didn't show up that morning towards the end of the day but it was out of our control with unlucky or bad timing.

unfortunately we missed both sights which was fitting.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 am

stratos1966

With about 5 minutes to go we puuled up on the pileings by the ramp that we along with everyone else had pounded into a froth throughout the day. My buddy joe was fishing a 1 oz jig when he felt "tic" in the middle of that mess. He sets and keeps her coming doing a great job of c learing her from all that tangled wood. unfortunatly she went airborn when she reached the surface and spit the hook 3' from the boat......... and then just sat there on the surface for a brief second. I was already streached out trying to get to that fish with the net asap. I dont know what hit me but I lunged at that 5lber just sitting there and in the lake i went, net, cell phone, wallet and all. Laughing The net hit her and she bolted for deep water...... SWING and a MISS Laughing

Great job everyone. Some really impressive bags were caught. Congrats Bigmouths on the win!!!

I have dug up an instructional video on how to properly approach situations such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvdQYnnr1s4

Notice the composure and the athletic hand move.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:03 pm

I think one of my favorite fishing moments in recent history came in this tournament.

Following our "hook it first, land it second" philosophy, our biggest fish came in the pads as well and I hooked it on 12 pound test and a MH rod that fishes more like a medium. Since I couldn't really lean on it to get it out, it predictably got stuck in the pad stems before we even got to see it. I asked Sam to jam the boat in there so we could try to get it out. What followed was what seemed like an eternity of Sam flat on the deck of the boat, up to his shoulder in the water, frantically tearing up lily pads to get to the fish. Somewhere in there, it jumped a couple time so we could see the size of the fish. Sam managed to get his hands on the tail a few times, but couldn't reach the mouth. Every once in a while it would try to make a run and end up circling the pads where it was stuck. It was a total mess.

The epic fight ended when he managed to scoop under it with the net and lift it out without coming off. When it got stuck it had a few feet of line still, and I was trying hard not to tighten it down any more and give it leverage to come off. The hook was was inside the mouth as well, which helped.

A big thanks to Sam for one of the most memorable fishing experiences I've had. I'm glad you didn't end up going overboard, though =)

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:15 pm

We were right there watching that all unfold Michael. The suspense was killing us, because we saw it jump the few times and Sam throwing back lillys left and right afterwards, digging it out. Good job for sure! Sam gets a gold star on his forehead for that effort!

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:20 pm

michaelk

stratos1966

With about 5 minutes to go we puuled up on the pileings by the ramp that we along with everyone else had pounded into a froth throughout the day. My buddy joe was fishing a 1 oz jig when he felt "tic" in the middle of that mess. He sets and keeps her coming doing a great job of c learing her from all that tangled wood. unfortunatly she went airborn when she reached the surface and spit the hook 3' from the boat......... and then just sat there on the surface for a brief second. I was already streached out trying to get to that fish with the net asap. I dont know what hit me but I lunged at that 5lber just sitting there and in the lake i went, net, cell phone, wallet and all. Laughing The net hit her and she bolted for deep water...... SWING and a MISS Laughing

Great job everyone. Some really impressive bags were caught. Congrats Bigmouths on the win!!!

I have dug up an instructional video on how to properly approach situations such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvdQYnnr1s4

Notice the composure and the athletic hand move.

My misfortune has been making the rounds of the fishing community in mass. It doesnt help that my buddy is telling everyone we know. Laughing A couple have guys have pointed me to that video.
I wish i got to see you guys fight to get your fish in the boat. Sounds like a heartpounding moment for sure. Shocked

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:40 pm

WOW!!! Ike holds the side of the boat. I wonder if he had his cell phone and wallet on him

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:43 pm

shawneramone

WOW!!! Ike holds the side of the boat. I wonder if he had his cell phone and wallet on him

May a skunk piss on all your tackle saturday night!!!

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:45 pm

I hear that's a great attractant

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

shawneramone

I hear that's a great attractant

May you attract the skunk on Sunday Laughing

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

If I get skunked at Oldham I'll do an impersonation of a guy trying to net an unbuttoned 5 pounder

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:44 pm

I'll have the video camera ready for that one Shawn AND I'll post it on MAFF! Very Happy

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links