thanks guys! what a great place to fish, it felt good to take the number one spot after being the first loser in a few tournys. ill tell you what roger you were right about the morning bite we had our limit at 9am and culled once at 9:30 couldnt cull our 2lber the rest of the day but still we were catching fish. had no issues with fish health, even though they were snug in the cooler, kept the water cool with ice and opened it up to check every 45 minutes or so, the big buys were troopers toughing it out all day! Big thanks to Roger and Karl for settin it up and a solid 2nd place finish and dirty water with the 3rd! great job guys looking forward to the next one!

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey Rich you are killing me. First, you have mastered top water baits, plastics, crank baits, frogs...the list goes on. But now you are diving into the water to catch them without a rod? You are achieving legend status.

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Congrats to Team Bigmouths/Bass Techs and Team Dirty Water on some really nice bags! Thanks also to everyone else who showed up early, was in the water and ready to go before 6:30am! Thanks Neil for the use of the scale and Rich for the weigh bag, as well as a memory most of us will never forget, LOL! We kept it nice, quick and simple with the results being a smooth tourney for most to enjoy! The Upper Mystics are a great place to hold a cartopper tourney and I hope we get to do it again next year! WTG boys and will see some of you next week at Oldham!

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:51 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:07 pm

C'mon man.....this was a nice friendly and funny post so far. Why spoil the momentum? What if this and what if that, who cares? It didn't happen, so it's a non factor and no need to stir the pot in my opinion!

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 pm

stevelibs

Since y'all were so into everyone else playing by the rules before this tourny, I think Rich's catch should have been disqualified if caught, as it wouldn't have been caught and brought to the boat hook, line and sinker (it did fall off, right?!?!?!), and used live bait (himself) which is prohibited by the rules...right?.

You are right but for the wrong reason. leaving the boat is a no no. I have seen dozens of times on tv where the pros go to fli a fish in the boat, it pops off mid air but the momentum carries it into the boat. Those fish are allowed to count.

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:26 pm

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 pm

He is not bait? There is no rule on the front page about netting a fish? Not starting anything just confused? And Rich if you got that into the boat i would of payed you myself for most impressive catch wish i was there to see!

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm

had he netted the fish, and did not have contact with the boat, I would have disqualified him. lol

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

kman

had he netted the fish, and did not have contact with the boat, I would have disqualified him. lol

Haha

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:13 pm

did anyone else get a visit from that little pug to the right of the Medford boat club?

He was sitting on the shore, we were about 10 ft away from him. I said whats up buddy? We then pull away. We were about 50 yards or so offshore and I hear Roger say what the hell??? I turn around and that little pug was swimming next to the boat. He was a little 10 lb dog, huffing and snorting and making typical pug sounds. He swam around the boat a few times. he was fine and obviously if he was in trouble we would of helped him out to shore. He turned around and swam back to the shore. He just came out to pay us a visit. It was pretty funny.

Later in the day we saw the owners at the house and told them their pug swam way out to greet us. They said he likes to do that once in awhile. lol

Last edited by kman on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Speaking of sights... Did anyone see the photo shoot going on towards the end of the day with 3 lovely ladies on the backside of the big mainlake point.

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 pm

NO!!!! Now I know I had a bad day

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:31 pm

no but the day before the tourney I fished the lower lake and there was a lady swimming in a bikini. unfortunately she weighed 350.65 Sad I swear I felt the water level drop when she got out.

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:15 pm

On the right side of the lake close to the ramp there was a family with a plus size woman wearing a bikini so tight she had back boobs......you cant erase that from your memory

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links