hay guys i smoked a coil on my 90hp merc. so I called uo bills marine in hingham to price one out and they wanted $89 for a murcury coil and they told me that they dont offer a aftermarket part. well i found a sierra aftermarket coil for $36 ( not including shipping) so i checked out south attleboro marine and they had a new mercury coil in stock for under $45 tax included.It defenetly pays to check around. for now on i,ll be shopping @ attleboro marine. just thought i would throw that out there for anybody thats ben looking for a place local to themselfs

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Good service is always appreciated.

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Boats and Motors in Wakefield, Ma are great also. Especially with Johnson and Evinrudes. Throwin that out also.

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm

get me that part # if you can, i can look around as well if you still need one

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:59 am

thanx jonny but i allready picked it up in attleboro quicksilver#339-832757 a4 (didnt think i could do much better on the price)

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 am

you got it boss, use iboat.com
$23.39 + $4 to ship

pretty decent site

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 am

yeah shopping arround always pays - i spend 2 months research on my new car - visited 20 dealers and saved 5 k compared to the original store where i wanted to get it

hope the engine works after that again

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 pm

started it up and sounds fine wanted to get it on the water and drive it like it was stolen but of course started raining. thanks johnny with electrial parts i would rather go stock outher then aftermarket unless i,m spending a small fourtune. 20 bucks xtra i,ll go oem

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:35 pm

I'll second Boats and motors in Wakefield. If anyone in the area needs work, they - Fred and Mary - are absolutely stand up people and good at what they do.

Charlie

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 pm

meatballs realy came threw for me. tech support over the phone. if I cant fix it. i,m droping it off @ michael werling marine. gota support our own

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:35 pm

No worries, I hope it works for ya!

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:54 pm

No worries, I hope it works for ya!

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 pm

swaped out the coil and it sounds a lot better .Too bad it was raining yesterday. And gusting at about 50 around here today . I would hav taken it out for a test drive thanks again meatballs.....

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links