Ok...I'm SURE almost all of the 'Mafferz' have some really GOOD resolutions you've all made..so I thought...do I have any?...yeah I do in fact...and I'll be happy to share some with you guys if you all wanna give up some of your's first----it's hard t' keep some of mine most years ...IE every year I say I'm moving the f*** outta massachusetts...and every year that goes by... 9 other BIGGER reasons for staying come up....don't get it twisted guys MAFF ain't one of 'em hahahahahahaha there's a "FF" in every state...it would just mean I'd be annoying "the locals" where-ever the hell I landed ...but ANYWAYS...let's hear some...some serious ones and some funny ones...LET'S HAVE 'EM...C'Mon...out with it already...

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:40 am

Well Im not sure this is even possible but My New Years Resolution is to FISH MORE! and by not possible I mean I fish every possible time that I can, actually havent stopped fishing from the previous year yet so Id say Im off to a good start!

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 pm

The ONLY way that'd be possible is if you essentially found the proper engineering to building a house on the water and by that I MEAN ON THE WATER...I figure the only 3 things keep you "out of it"...work.food.shelter....hm build a crapper onto your boat...extra battery for a hot plate...and a killer 4 season canvas for shelter...
And BOOM ! You're in ! ...OF COURSE I'M TOTALLY KIDDING ...now please...don't ACTUALLY do this...i FULLY read the terms of service today I break like a million rules on it so when I put my humorous stuff in from now on,I'm putting a short disclaimer in hahahahahaha

sinista

Well Im not sure this is even possible but My New Years Resolution is to FISH MORE! and by not possible I mean I fish every possible time that I can, actually havent stopped fishing from the previous year yet so Id say Im off to a good start!

Last edited by riverrat82 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:27 pm

I think you need more then a "short" disclaimer Wink

Wait here is a disclaimer on my comment about your disclaimer, I'm kidding!

That said...I have a good life. It is hard to want to improve it lol.

My girl would like me to drop my beer gut ( or as a friend once called it a 6 pack in the fridge ). I used to run a lot so maybe I'll take that up again. I need to get in better shape to haul all my carp gear anyway lol.

Ooo..that might be a good one, I want to learn to pack more compact Wink. I love to buy random useless but needed things though. Like extra boxes for rigs I'll never use...I'm actually getting a barrow with my X-mas money to make my life easier. Sure I'll look like a hobo with a barrow full of fishing gear but I don't care.

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 pm

For my new years i think im going to get into more trout and salmon fishing and fly fishing my friend talked me into buying a fly rod about 3 months back and i still havent used it! gotta get some trout in the swift hopefully

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:36 pm

My New Year's resolution is to continue to search for the ONE lunker bass unlike any I've ever caught (similar to Meatballs recent legendary catch). I hope to fish more MAFF tournaments in 2012 and more of a variety of waters in general. I'm going to put a trailor hitch on my Maxima so I'm hoping that will help!

I'm getting married in October 2012 to Jen, a great woman and equally great angler so I'm working to continue to balance pre-marriage with my addiction to finding the True Lawrence- LOL!!!

Lastly, the return of the Arrogant Anglers- so much great competition on this site and we expect to join some of the top teams in the Winner's circle.

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:20 pm

I too did some running in my day...

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

I live 15 minutes from the Swift...Hit me up...fly rod...no fly rod...GOOD PLACE t' FISH. . . PERIOD ! "pm" sometime and we can hit RIVER Rd ! don't let me be the next one to "talk" ya into something though...hahahaha

imthatkidd

For my new years i think im going to get into more trout and salmon fishing and fly fishing my friend talked me into buying a fly rod about 3 months back and i still havent used it! gotta get some trout in the swift hopefully

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 pm

FIRST ! never met'chya...so I'll take the HIGH ROAD here...LOVE IS THE BEST THING EVER(next to music)IMO

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 pm

I hadn't even thought of a resolution for this year. 2011 was pretty awesome so I was just hoping to keep it going. I fished more, ran more (finished a 1/2 marathon), and celebrated my 20 year wedding anniversary. My wife used to fish with me when we were young but just kind of got out of it. Once again Dave you have made me think so I will resolve to fish the Q more. I resolve to become a better angler because all of these guys here are so F'n good. But mostly I resolve to stay true to myself and keep this ride open! PEACE

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 pm

As you know per our "pms" GREAT MINDS DO think alike...I figure it like this ...I consider it Massachusett's most ESSENTIAL inland waterway...BAR NONE

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Haha sure thing but it will be a while considering im 14 and the only one in my family that fishes ill have to convince my mom or someone to drive me Smile

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 pm

hahahahaha yea I bet not...well..practice a few more years with that fly rod and we'll see ya out there

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 am

Ok..since some of you have shown an interest in the thread as promised I'll share some of mine...1st...fish more in 2012...2ndly I have a new toy( a nice bait caster ) that I figured out pretty quickly...but I bought it late in the Autumn so I haven't hit "Good-Water" with it yet...BRING ON SPRING ...next, as I stated in my msg to Shawn here...More Quabbin! EVERY SINGLE CHANCE I GET !

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 am

Mine is quite simple. To take more pictures. We did many trips offshore for both tuna and shark this past year and I only have a hand full of pictures documenting those trips. We caught and released our first giant bluefin tuna weighing around 300 pounds and I wasn't able to snap any pictures of the fish.

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:08 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links