this sunday 12/4 8 a.m.to 2 p.m.
this is an open tourney,boat insurance papers required.one or two man teams.fees are $50 per boat plus $10 lunker.$30 per man covers it.we had a 12 boat turn out this past weekend.for info contact dave wojick at dwojo@hotmail.com[/code]

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 pm

talked to Dave a few mins ago Ken, sounds like this could be good another great turnout. tough bite at Tihonet for sure.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Is this the cran bog hawgs that are organizing this?
There has been some open tourneys at Webster lake every Sunday as well.I haven't heard about any ins. papers needed for that one? I'm not sure how much longer they will be fitting these in but have fun guys.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:26 am

yes it is the cran bog hawgs.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Can't wait Kenny!

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Can't wait Kenny!

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 pm

update!!!! no papers needed that was just for private property usage!!!!!
I don't know how many boats will be there so contact dave at the e-mail i posted earlier.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Team Khask-sins?

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:29 pm

khaskins

update!!!! no papers needed that was just for private property usage!!!!!
I don't know how many boats will be there so contact dave at the e-mail i posted earlier.

I think you still need insurance papers. just no waiver like last week. might want to check on that. I'll see what I can find out.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 pm

I wondered about needing papers myself. When i belonged to a club i needed ins. papers. But maff tourneys have never required them. I was curious what the difference was?
Good luck anyways guys. Some darn good anglers fish those.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

The cran bog hogs is an offshoot of another affiliated bass club. I believe a % of the proceeds benifit that club. They would be foolish not to demand insurance papers. It cost them nothing and 99.9% of the guys fishing these tournies have the insurance. No need for them to solicite outside these numbers. if someone gets hurt or does damage to someones property, the host club can be included in any lawsuit and so can BASS and FLW.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 am

Do you recommend that for maff or are they safe because no money is being taken?
This might have been observed before but i personally have no idea and if maff was liable and weren't aware that would stink.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 am

jwall046

Do you recommend that for maff or are they safe because no money is being taken?
This might have been observed before but i personally have no idea and if maff was liable and weren't aware that would stink.

It's a good question Jay. One for a Lawyer. There is nothing to prevent someone from filing suit against anyone or any entity. Whether that suit is successful is a different story. The whole insurance thing goes back to BASS. It was a requirement by BASS that it's federation and club members carry it and require anyone fishing a BASS event have it. It might be in MAFF's best interest to drop the acronym MAFF from it's events and just call them BIG boat and CARTOPPER trails. maybe a disclaimer at the bottom of the events descriptions that these trails are pick up events, put together by individulas and have no affiliation with MAFF?
I know it sounds crazy but better safe then sorry? I have never heard of anyone filing a suit against a club or federation but that doesnt mean it doesnt or wont happen.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 am

dave sent me an e-mail saying no papers needed.but he also stated no car toppers.i was just throwing this out to you guy's to see if you wanted to fish.you've got some good points there rich.property and boat damage can be pursued through the courts.i carry insurance just because of c.c.bass.but if something happens to someone in your boat you have coverage.it costs me $100 a year for 50,000 individual and $100.000 per.at least if someone gets injured on your boat or drowns you have ins.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Ken makes a good point, not having insurance is asking for trouble. if something happened or someone got hurt it could cost you big time. it can also be your friend if you happen to hit a submerged rock(anyone with a bass boat knows about this) I work at a marine repair shop and you would not believe the amount of people that come in with smashed lower units. if they have insurance it is usually covered. if not then it can cost anywhere between 1-3k to fix.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links