also, if anyone needs a partner one of the younger guys that has fished a few of these is looking for a ride this sunday. he's finished on a top 3 boat two times now....plus a lunker. good fisherman.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:44 pm

freebie

Ken makes a good point, not having insurance is asking for trouble. if something happened or someone got hurt it could cost you big time. it can also be your friend if you happen to hit a submerged rock(anyone with a bass boat knows about this) I work at a marine repair shop and you would not believe the amount of people that come in with smashed lower units. if they have insurance it is usually covered. if not then it can cost anywhere between 1-3k to fix.

Actually the insurance being talked about is liability insurance. It covers you if you damage someone elses property or hurt someone else. It does nothing foe you or your boat. You need different insurance for that. What most bass boat owners do is get insurance that covers thier boat for fire theft and collision and then add $300k worth of liability insurance. You can however just purchase liability insurance.

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 am

I don't own a boat(YET)---yea I know...rookies PISS some of you guys off... But,I've had ALOT of my questions answered about responsible boat ownership,without having to inter-search the hell outta the info...and MORE IMPORTANTLY before spending good money after bad...I didn't spend 2grand on a guitar so I could brag the price I did it because I set honest goals and reached 'em over 30 years in 'the business'.And I plan to do the same when I purchase the rig in the spring ...eventually going bigger...
I think because I'm going "small" in the spring (most of this won't have any real effects on me personally)But,I'm VERY GLAD this subject comes up....And I can tell you guys one thing...when "real" money becomes involved in a hobby ...only a NIT WIT wouldn't insure something that can cause harm,injury,or loss...ESPECIALLY YOUR LIFE...and I never temp fate when it comes to COPS...they have a hard enough job without un-registered, un-insured ANYTHING and I'm "The Bad-Luck f***" if I didn't insure I know I'd be gettin my balls busted FOR SURE hahaha...kinda naive' on my part...but I just figured most would do it right just so they didn't SCREW THEMSELVES hahahahaha

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 am

my buddy scott is looking for a boat on sunday also.if anybody needs a non-boater let me know.

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Anyone need a partner. I can meet at ramp .Thanks guys Matt

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links