2011 is coming to a close and those stupid ass award shows will soon rate the "top-10's" of hollywood and so on and I thought it would be cool to do one for MAFF...most of the guys here could care less about what the J-Lo's and the Brad 'Putz'' of the world are up to lately...me myself...I wanna know what you guys did this year !
Here are my "top - 10's" of The Massachusetts Fish Finder 2011...this list is comprised of my observations...has no rules or regulations...no affiliations and NO HARM INTENDED...just havin' a little "riverrat" fun...

**Angler of the year...CHUCK & The LandLords derrrr the guy won the tour ! need I say more...in light of the recent events "I NEED say MORE apparently...this category now has a tie...Mikey"MeatBalls"Werling capt.of "Why-Not-Now"

*Lunker of The Year...Tie...John's 6.6 Lunker and that F***** turtle damon's holding in the pic of the month in May hahaha...This category TOO now has a nice "tie" thanks smoke for getting some good footage and photos of this for mike(and for all of us)

**Turnout of the year---Nashua River (Groton) 17 teams....VERY COOL

*HomeField Advantage of the year...The Boone...why not just sell the cheese burgers for 50 bucks each Jeff? hahahahaha These fish there actually know this guy !

**Team Name of 2011- The Bassasins---let's face it ...it just sounds BAD ASS...honorable mentions...Sinista...Basstards...SMOKE CITY...

*Technique of the year---The Drop Shot--debate on fellas***
****Is T E N A C I T Y a "technique"?

**Comeback of the year...Damon-BeaverFever...had mid season surgery...went on to fish the finals in webster ...

*New Comer of 2011...Neil*(Sinista)joined the trail fairly late and went on to fish the finals at Webster Lake...

**Personality/ies of the year Team NorthShore ! these guys consistently make me LAUGH ME ASS OFF with the posts they come up with and give hope to all the newbies to the topper class !RUNNER(Z) UP...Ummm The Powder Blue Ninja---Now thats funny s*** right there ! *******DEN "DOG"WALSH....for somehow convincing that crew to fish that day Mike caught the "GOLD-PIN"

*Instructional Fisherman of the year...RICHIE ! honorable mention(s) Kenny Haskins and Jay Wallace...HUMAN ENCYCLOPEDIAS !

** AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..The one you're ALL waiting for ...Board Topic" of 2011...Toppers.....anything with this word in it brought a GREAT DEAL of conversation and within it arguments and opinions run as DEEP as some of the waters we fish...*********"LAST MINUTE LARRY" comes in the last week of December to over take all the negative vibes from the topper convo and show us ALL ------WHY NOT NOW?***special mention should be made to the "GREAT PONKI RECOVERY"...had Damon NOT stepped up that next day..Smoke may not have been there the day Mike caught "Hogenstein"think about that !wasn't that lure you gave him in your box on the bottom of a lake?

This was inspired by a STUPID People magazine cover I seen @ work today and I thought ...hmm I'll do one on the fly for MAFF...I hope nobody gets all pissed off here...I haven't met ALL the combatants and I'm a little bit biased so I hope it serves its FANCIFUL NATURE and makes ya all laugh at Christmas Time !
I HAD to update this since Mike and the Crew

Last edited by riverrat82 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:29 am; edited 4 times in total

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Great Stuff Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!
Threads like this make this site good entertainment and good info.
I was pleased to see so much interest in a few topics this year especially the year end party you are throwing for all us,hahaha.
But honestly this site if great it seems like 99.9% of the guys get along and if they disagree once in awhile no worries it's just an opinion and when the thread is over you move on. That's another testament of how awesome we make this site!!!!!
I hope you keep up the crazy off the wall topics and post in 2012.

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:17 am

Wow I made riverrats, year end top 10 list. I dont know what to say. My Mother always said I was not special. There are so many I want to thank, obviously Roger, since its a Northshore award.

I had a fun year and I hope 2012 will be just as magical.

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Wow, what an honor, even though ya spelt my name wrong! It's I before E except after c and weird words. Neil is a weird word! Lmfao, thanks Dave, you ea bomb baby!

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Wow, what an honor, even though ya spelt my name wrong! It's I before E except after c and weird words. Neil is a weird word! Lmfao, thanks Dave, you ea bomb baby!

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:32 pm

I didn't have a speech prepared........All I can say is "thank you" Cool

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:33 am

GOOD JOB BRO I LIKE THE STUFF YOU COME UP WITH I THINK WE ALL HAVE TO READ IT LOL

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:21 am

smokecity

GOOD JOB BRO I LIKE THE STUFF YOU COME UP WITH I THINK WE ALL HAVE TO READ IT LOL

We have to read it...or else!

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 pm

shawneramone

smokecity

We have to read it...or else!

---I get bored...I write/type...the characters on this website make it really easy to write a story line...that's how I came up with the magazine concept...and Justin...you're one of THE BIG FISH that hasn't done 10 Q's w/ Dave from Worcester ! ...'Smoke'...me n you gotta get on a vessel soon !...you'll be pissin your pants laughin'...thats how I distract my opponents...they're too busy still thinkin' about the last one liner to fish...all part a' my master plan hahahahaha most of you guys are gonna lose it when I get "dragon" naturally speaking...it's all up hill in fourth for some of ya from there hahahaha

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:38 pm

river rat ,i read a post about a powering station for the tourneys. how would u go about setting something up like that?

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:36 pm

nofx99

river rat ,i read a post about a powering station for the tourneys. how would u go about setting something up like that?

Glad you asked...most have dismissed this idea...Gas Generator(light weight...a couple trickle chargers...and a few donated batteries from some of the MAFFerz...typically takes 6-8 hours right? well...so do the tourneys...right?There are TONS of "Inverters"...NOT "Converters" on the market that would allow up to 6 110volt outlets(depending on the voltage limit on the inverter) a 3000 watt would allow up to 6 batteries at once to be charged at the same time---I'm planning on a 3000w for my personal use and would be happy to allow any and all to use mine for the stops I attend --and and inverter...battery set-up is also PERFECT for the home for power outages during storms

So the "Daisy Chain" would be gas gen---inverter---trickle chargers---batteries...the sequence is easy...reminds me of old the school daisy chaining we did back in the rock n roll "stone ages"...over the years my bands have played COUNTLESS out door gigs(a few state parks even) using generators...and I can tell you ALL this ...30 boats wouldn't use the power we've needed for those shows...that I can PROMISE you---this is the kind of idea that would take some "DONATIONS" on the part of the veterans and regulars...thanks for not just dismissing it and making fun of me hahahahah

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:31 pm

good stuff. didn't really post much this year. i'll be sure to dish out my tips and techniques more often. no "secrets" here unless you count not using senkos.

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:00 am

I had to UPDATE this thread !

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links