sunday 6:30 a.m.-12:30 P.M. $25 PER MAN,cartopper carry in or trailer no gas.8 team limit,small pond

Last edited by khaskins on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 pm

southshore is in its the 28th right?

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Be advised the pond is very very low almost the lowest I have ever seen it. Use caution lots of things to bump into that some may have never known were there. Lots of things that you could go over before that are either out of the water or just below the surface now.

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:51 pm

I'll echo what Creasekeeper is saying. It is VERY low. They have not replaced the boards at the dam. I am open to fishing that weekend but not there.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 am

smoke said they fixed the dam,is that not correct?we can switch it up.any suggestions?little long pond plymouth,cartopper,electric only.sampson's pond carver,big boat small boat.give me some input.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 pm

I was down there a couple of weeks ago to scout it and there was a sign saying that the dam needed to be fixed.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 pm

im so down for little long pond!!! or even long pond for big boat(if u have a 50 or less hp)

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm down for that weekend. Technically my boat is a topper (tracker topper 15) but I trailer it. Id love to fish where ever but there's no way I can carry in. Please keep me posted if you need participants

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:14 am

Would like to participate as well. Question: My topper is a 14' Jon that I stick in the back of my pickup. I do have a trailer for it as well. Trailering it makes it a lot easier. The boat is eletric motor only, NO gas motor at all. So can you trailer a "topper" if the spot you guys fish has enough parking for a trailer?

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 am

Stratos looks like we might have to start a trailered topper tourney

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 am

To me a topper is anything that can be carried to the water regardless how it is brought to the pond. Roof of car, back of truck on a trailer all good imo.

The catch22 imo is gas vs electric. I think the topper line is crossed when an outboard is used no matter the size.

Again unless some serious rain heads our way,and even so with the boards out, you may want to relocate this tourney.

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:09 pm

My gas motor is easily removeable, the problem is depending on how far I have to carry it I may need a team of Oxen to pull it to the water, LMAO, shes got a little weight to her. Unless of course it is legal to push it off the trailer into the water, that Ive done numerous times

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 pm

cartopper tourneys on maff can be trailered or carried or however u get it there but eletric only

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 pm

sounds like little long pond to me.you can trailer or carry.plenty of parking,no gas motors.it's not actually labor day weekend,but it is the 28th.the only reason why i thought it was labor day was that m.a.f.f.did not have a tourney scheduled.just make sure papers are in order and safety eq.life jackets,boat reg.bailer,paddle.the e.p. frequents there from time to time.

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Sounds like a plan count Team Sinista in! 508-373-4783 if any of you guys need to reach me, text call whatever

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links