Put me down. Bassasin's. It'll probably be two of us but I'll show either way. It seems I enjoy fishing and giving my money away!

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:32 pm

i really think there is room for a couple more if you guy's are o.k. with that.fish can be anywhere here,shallow, deep,rocks,trees,docks.i would think 8 to 10 boats would fill it.let me know what you think.

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:03 pm

oh yeah,this is 25 per person.singles in one boat pay 25.

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm

khaskins

i really think there is room for a couple more if you guy's are o.k. with that.fish can be anywhere here,shallow, deep,rocks,trees,docks.i would think 8 to 10 boats would fill it.let me know what you think.

If everyone agrees on more boats, then thats cool, majority rules. Just count me out if it goes over 6 boats. I will just wait for a bigger place to come up. No hard feelings at all.

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:01 pm

doesnt matter to me guys ill be there

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:56 pm

o.k.we'll leave it at 6.so far that's what we have.any standby's sign up and we'll put you in reserve.

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Goodluck to all but I have a question? Five fish limit for CT? That seems like a tight fit for mostly cooler style livewells. Figured 3 fish limit would make sense and be the safest bet for fish. At least thats what I have been involved in in the past.

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 pm

You'd be surprised. I watched an 5 decent bass totaling 13.2 lbs come out of about a ten gallon livewell. And they were lively as when they came out of the water. Bass are pretty durable critters. Keep the water flowing ad some ice to keep it cool which also helps with oxygenation and all should be well

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 pm

I swear my fish come out of my cooler livewell more lively than they went in. The cold water and aerator must really feel good to them. I use a 48 quart cooler. It's one of the bigger ones I've seen on the cartopper tour but these guys Sunday had 23 pounds of fish in one of those plastic tubs...the fish seemed ok.

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 am

I have a 30 Gallon Custom Livewell built by customlivewells.com you can find them by googling that websight, the guys name is Travis, they are superlight and he builds them to any size specs and or shape you want, they are a little pricey but well worth it when your trying to incorporate your livewell into a topper or any boat for that matter

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 am

creasekeeper

Goodluck to all but I have a question? Five fish limit for CT? That seems like a tight fit for mostly cooler style livewells. Figured 3 fish limit would make sense and be the safest bet for fish. At least thats what I have been involved in in the past.

Little long is in Ma not CT not that it matters. I don't know what everyone else is using but I have an 80qt marine cooler that is as wide as my 14' jon boat. I have had 20lbs of bass in it no problem.
Any livewell of decient size will work fine as long as it is run all day and not turned on and off. Guys should have a small cooler filled with frozen water bottles. Add 1 per hour to keep water cool. Buy some Jungle or Bass Medic and use it but don't over use it. 1 capfull is plenty. It has a seditive in it and too much can knock a bass silly. Hydogen Peroxide added to a livewell can triple the amount of oxygen in the water of a livewell but needs to be used properly. Too much is deadly to bass.
For H2O2 use, the formula is 4 oz for 20 gallons ( thats 80 quarts).DO NOT EXCEED THIS. MORE IS NOT BETTER. IT'S DEADLY. YOU WILL END UP WITH ALL DEAD BASS. You do not change the water during the day once you use H2O2. Doing so will cause you to end up with too much H2O2 since you can never get all water out of your livewell. Keep the pump going at all times and add bottled ice hourly. DO NOT USE BAGGED ICE OR TAP WATER ICE. IT CAN CONTAIN FLORIDE WHICH IS DEADLY TO BASS. USE SPRING WATER BOTTLES. Your fish will be healthy and livley at the end of the day.

See everyone Saturday!! Cool

Last edited by stratos1966 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:56 am

All good advice Stratos...I think he means CT=cartopper

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 am

shawneramone

All good advice Stratos...I think he means CT=cartopper

Thanks Shawn, stupid me with the Conn. comment

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks Shawn, stupid me with the Conn. comment [/quote]
I did the same thing at first. Was like, whats CT have to do with it. lol

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 am

just a reminder shawn the 28th is a sunday not saturday.see ya there.

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links