1. We admitted that we were powerless over Bass Fishing and our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that a Girlfriend who bass fished could restore us to sanity.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of The Fish God as we understood him.
4. We made a searching and fearless visual inventory of our Tackle Box.
5. We admitted to the Fish God, Ourselves, and another Bass Fisherman the exact way to rig a Drop Shot.
6. We were entirely ready to have the Fish Gods remove all our defects of presentation.
7. We humbly asked the Fish Gods to remove our Birds Nests.
8. We made a list of all ponds and lakes we planned to fish and became willing to fish them all.
9. We fished all these ponds and lakes except when to do so would interfere with MAFF Tournaments.
10.We continued to take Tackle Box inventory and when we lost something promptly replaced it.
11.We sought through MAFF and You Tube Videos to improve our conscious contact with the Bass as we understood them, praying only for knowledge of there location in the brush pile and a Flipping Stick with the power to pull them out.
12. Having won a MAFF Tournament as a result of these steps we tried to carry this message to other Bass Fishermen and to practice these principals in all of our Tournaments.
Written For Fishermen By Fishermen.

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:01 pm

you are crazy dude.it's all about finding the fish and figuring out what they will eat.sometimes they feed and it's easy.sometimes they shut down and you have to force feed them.and sometimes you just get lucky with the right cast in front of the right fish or two or three or four or more.see ya sunday.

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Ya I've been called crazy before Ken! LMAO. I happen to be a member of a 12 step fellowship and thought it would be some funny s*** to make a spin off of the 12 steps. I work in the Substance Abuse field as well and the 30 or so clients I counsel were rolling when I ran group today and read them this! See you Sunday bud!

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:56 pm

I pray to the fish gods often

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:46 pm

I'll pray to whoever will help me catch a fish. I'm 0 for my last four trips. Tonight I went to Quarter Mile Pond (where I usually have luck) and I couldn't even get a sunny to take a worm!!!! Can someone tell me what the bass are looking for this time of year?

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Thats some good stuff and I admit, I abide by most of those. Had to tell the gf that they (us) were able to open up more spots for the tourney this Sunday and although its her bday and I had made some great plans, those will have to wait until another weekend. Fortunately I have contingency plans that should work after weigh in so that lessens my douche bag status a bit. Doesnt help that one of fantasy football drafts is saturday night.

Posted Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 pm

no joke I say this before every trip.

Hey there Fish god. If you could grant me 1 fish today, I'll walk away happy.

60% of the time it works everytime =). LOL

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 am

I ALSO PRAY TO THE FISH GODS AND YESTERDAY THEY SHINED DOWN 60 TO 70 FISH BETWEEN 2 OF US HALF WHITE PERCH BUT ALSO A COUPLE LUNKERS SO I MUST SAY OUT LOUD THANK YOU FISH GODS AND CAN YOU SHINE DOWN A COUPLE 6 OR 7 POUNDERS NEXT PLEASE LOL

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

Come Sunday the Fish Gods are going to have their hands full!

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:25 pm

i had no idea how religious all you guys are! and that there is a fish god...

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:26 pm

eepthebassraider

60% of the time it works everytime =). LOL

"That doesn't make sence"

So the fish gods don't like me. I told them at the Amesbury tourny to f*** OFF with there fishless s***, and and I havn't caught much since!

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:00 pm

60-70 fish in a day!!! Sweet JESUS... Those are days that only live in my dreams. I don't know if I've caught 60 fish in my last 3 seasons... I hope I have that type of luck tomorrow at the Nashua!!!

Adam

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh, so that's what I'm doing wrong. I need to get to FISH CHURCH more often & pray a lot more!!! LOL!!

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:31 pm

lol the fish god does share his bounty.

However, I did feel his wrath one day in the form of no bites, bird-nests in my baitcaster, and snapped lines on rocks.

This leads me to believe that the fish god is a female and should not be crossed because she will go out of her way to ruin your fishing day.

=) lol

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links