my bow mount minn kota stopped working at the last tourney. have tried 2 different fully charged batteries with no luck. anybody know anything about these as far as fixing them? anybody know of a repair place i can take it to?

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 pm

there is a selector switch inside the handle take the four screw out of the bottom of handle assembly and try running power directly to motor or check with a meter and see if you get connection through the switch. gotta be something easy make sure all wires are good but i bet it's that 5 forward 3 reverse twist handle switch you can buy them online for like 15 to 20 bucks

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 pm

it has a foot pedal, but you could be right. it could be the switch. i can do a lot of things, but not really much of an electrical guy, lol. but i think i can handle buying a meter and trying to figure out where the break is.

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 pm

One time I had a problem where one of the wires at the top of the motor had a poor connection at the splice. MinnKota does wiring from the motor to the top of the shaft and from the pedal to the top of the motor. Then they splice it all together. Same 4 screws as previously mentioned. Or it could be the switch....or a broken wire...or a burned out motor....Check for continuity in the wires.

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 am

I just had my switch replaced $15-$20 part. I use Jim Barry is Worcester next to U.S.A Marine. If you can't figure it out he will in no time. Just let me know if you want his number.

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 am

guys in my bass club referred each other to Jim as well

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:30 am

My Minnkota Powerdrive V2 stopped working at the start of the Boone Tourney. Brought it to Jim Barry and he has diagnosed it as the control board in the motor iself. I burnt the footpedal control board last year and had to replace the pedal, the new board for the motor itself is 120.00!! I hope he is right as I have the new part coming in! Def give him a call if you cant figure it out, I believe he's open 7 days a week!

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:37 am

thanks for the tips. sounds like this guy jim barry is pretty popular. anybody have his number or his location? i would be taking the pike west to get there. thanks.

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 pm

natickguy

thanks for the tips. sounds like this guy jim barry is pretty popular. anybody have his number or his location? i would be taking the pike west to get there. thanks.

not sure about the # but this is what the guy in my club said:

Jim at Barry’s Bait and Tackle. Right next to the Nitro Dealer(Marine USA?) in Worcestor.

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:23 am

This should be it:

Barry's Bait & Tackle
210 Southwest Cutoff, Worcester, MA
(508) 797-9100 () ‎ · barrysbaitandtackle.com

Right next door from Marine USA. Give him a call just to confirm.

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:39 am

really nice guy, also an old fleck spinner bait dealer, grab some while your there Smile

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 am

Be sure to check all connections under foot pedal first .

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:44 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links