Finally got out for the first time yesterday and put up a goose egg. Im wondering whats been working for everyone thus far? I threw plastic worms (got 2 bites), a spinnerbait, chatterbait and a jig. Just seeing if im missing anything.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:35 am

I got some small LMs on rooster tails the other day, haven't had any luck on rubber worms yet though.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:40 am

it would depend on the day place n weather but ive caught a few smaller lgm's on crankbaits n spinnerbaits with a few pickerel, caught some smallies on texas rigged small lizards n brush hawg style baits. keep trying ull get into a groove. good luck.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:47 am

I've only made it out once so far, on a nice warm day. They were hitting a 1-minus crankbait, the jig, the jerkbait, and the senko.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:33 am

jerkbait, pitching, spinnerbait for me. everyone with is catching them on cranks but i'm not haha. only 1 senko fish so far this year. i'd love to keep it that way too.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:15 pm

I have been catching mine of 2 lures mainly. A shallow crank and jigs (pitched or dragged) I have a couple spinnerbait fish too.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Taken a few off of crankbaits, running shallow to 8' or so. Couple have come dragging jigs in heavy cover, and a few on soft swimbaits off of points and in slack waters. Nothing so far on spinnerbaits or worms though, and haven't even bothered with the senko can't bring myself to use it yet!!

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Jigs for size, Jerkbaits for quanitity.

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 am

any specific structure you guys are keying in on?

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Wood, and Rock

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 pm

I've caught 90% of my fish so far on this crank:

http://www.basspro.com/Strike-King-Kevin-VanDam-Rattling-Square-Bill-Crankbaits/product/10209674/-1740931

Jigs account for basically the other 10%

Ever since I started seeing Meat post those fatty pics I've been lured into taking my jigs out of the box Smile

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:16 pm

A 1/2oz tour grade Strike King spinnerbait, Sexy Shad, got me my first bass of the year. Some other good options are jerkbaits, jigs fished deep or pitched to structure, soft plastic jerkbaits, swim jigs (they are often overlooked but are a great early spring bait) and square billed crankbaits. Like jigaboose said, The Strike King 1.5 and 2.5 are awesome square bills. These crankbaits are truly almost 100% snagproof. They are just amazing.

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh yeah, small beaver type baits are great right now too. The 3 in Strike King rodent are perfect size.

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 pm

lipless crankbaits in the grass and swimming a jig in shoreline brush and laydowns.

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Yamamoto 5" & 7" senkos and kreatures in watermelon w/ red and black flake. I've been pulling in 12-24 fish an outing. Work great in stained water but I've had great luck in clear water too.

Posted Mon May 16, 2011 4:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links