Been out on my boat a bunch of times and have been catching large mouths (nothing of any substantial size biggest thus far around 2 pounds) a few perch and a handful of pickerel on craw fish soft baits with no weights and drop shotting a three inch green pumpkin seed worm seem to be doing the trick for me.

Posted Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 pm

On my best day here in the north shore a couple weeks ago the rooster caught 7 smallmouth a bluegill and a perch. rapala perch caught 2. It has been the same since then but smaller numbers for 2 hour sessions. Usually 3-4 small and large mouth on the rooster and a couple on the lures. A lot has to do with the time. after 7 the rooster heats up.

Last weekend on the cape only worms with a drop shot caught anything in the kettle ponds.

Posted Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 pm

On my best day here in the north shore a couple weeks ago the rooster caught 7 smallmouth a bluegill and a perch. rapala perch caught 2. It has been the same since then but smaller numbers for 2 hour sessions. Usually 3-4 small and large mouth on the rooster and a couple on the lures. A lot has to do with the time. after 7 the rooster heats up.

Last weekend on the cape only worms with a drop shot caught anything in the kettle ponds.

Posted Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 pm

spring early summer i use mostly top water jigs that make a nice splash - to catch attention some spinners

summer i go for yamamoto monsters or creatures along the tree lines

and autum i switch to spinners and some jerk's

when ur in a boat stand far out to cast into the drop offs and shallows

always look for structure or shadow/light breakoffs - they hide in between the dark / bright.

but i have to say this season starts pretty slow maybe it runs with the wettest april/may i can remember - sucks

but trout hits like a 500 lbs gbu lately - so i kinda switched to those yummy suckers

Posted Tue May 17, 2011 8:21 am

Got em pretty good at the weekend over at Buckmaster using a 6inch Zoom Fineses Worm on a shaky head fished with my baitcaster. Best of the bunch was a 3lber caught Sat night - a PB for me.

Posted Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 am

Ive been getting lots of strikes on purple ribbontail worms. I've just been on my kayak in ponds around medfield and millis, but the worms have been great for me. Mostly 1-2 lbs and a bunch of calicos too.

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:42 pm

I've been killing smallies on a 5" senko's in the merrimack river in lawrence, and caught a couple good bucket-mouths out of walden pond in between waiting for trout bites.

I've been getting good trout, and lots of them, on Chartruse bekley power bait.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links