DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO IN THE SUMMER. IS IT TOUGH FOR EVERYONE TO GET BIG FISH OR JUST ME??? SHOULD I FISH REAL EARLY IN THE A.M OR LATE?? JUST SEEMS LIKE THEY DON'T WANNA BITE.ARE THERE BETTER LURES FOR SUMMER??? IDK WHAT I'M DOING WRONG. DO I NEED TO FISH REALLY SLOW?? SEEMS LIKE THEY HIT IT AND LEAVE IT. I BEEN THROWING JIGS , WORMS AND CRANKS .I CATCH FISH BUT NOTHING OVER 3LBS AND MOSTLY 1 1/2 POUNDERS. WENT TO MONPONSETT IN HALIFAX YESTERDAY AND CAUGHT 4 IDK IF THE WATER IS JUST STIRRED UP AND THEY CANT SEE IT???? LEAVE SOME INPUT I NEED SOME HELP

THANKS

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:19 am

Im struggling right along with you bro. I havent caught a bass over 2lbs in 6 weeks. Very tough freshwater year for me so far...

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 am

You guys just suck!!!!!!!

Listen to me I haven't even been out since the tourney, and we know I did well there.

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 am

Haha, thanks for the kind words sweetie, lol

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 am

WOW! THAT'S SOME SMACK TALK THERE!

I'm havin the same trouble! Water temps are in mid 80's. No early am or late pm bite for me too? My last outing was good but, that was @ night with a black dbl colorado silver blades spinnerbait. Throughin near an inlet.

I'm taking my search to deeper waters to see if that the answer?

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:25 am

my advice is to take the next few weeks off and sit by the lake with some cold beers instead of casting. You could always try carp fishing because then you can sit by the water and drink beers, but you have the chance of catching a 10 pound fish!!

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 pm

i've heard people say that this summer heat seems to have come sooner than normal. that and the overall lack of rain is killer. bass seem to be really sluggish and finnicky now. i've caught some decent fish in the 3 lb range in the past month or so but no monsters over 4. people in the bass club i'm in have caught 4 pounders though. last week there were 2 caught and i got a 3.88 pounder that was 19". it seems like everyone's slowing it down bigtime, fishing heavier cover or deeper water (or both).

in general summer fishing for me has always called for finesse applications - shakey head jigs, plastics, drop shotting. also, early morning, late afternoon for sure. i personally don't think water clarity is really changing anything. i fish clear water / stained water like everyone else i'm sure.

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Dunno man?
Don't feel like fishing after trolling back from the far end of Whitehall getting cooked in the sun!!!! haha

We 'll have ta see how there biting next Sunday that's all.

Team
WFL

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:51 pm

It has slowed down. try the moon phases i notice 2 to 3 days before a full moon is hawg hunting time as well as numbers of fish rite now the phase sucks it a few days after a new moon

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 pm

hot weather = deeper water and/or thicker weeds

if you prefer to fish shallow(who doesn't?), FLIPPING is king right now. If you can't/don't do it - you need to learn how. it's not just a Southern thing...

flip a chigger craw into the thickest crap you can find

repeat

repeat

repeat

Posted Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 pm

hey it's funny about the carp comment !!!! TODAY I GOT A FEW BASS BIGGEST WAS 2LB 4OZ. BUT A LIL LATER THROWING A JIG PULLED A 15LB 8OZ CARP FOR A STATE PIN !!!!!LOOK AT MY TRIP FOR PICS!!!!10MIN FIGHT WOW!!!!!

Posted Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:53 pm

That's awesome! Great to catch something even better a state pin!

Posted Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:14 pm

smokecity

hey it's funny about the carp comment !!!! TODAY I GOT A FEW BASS BIGGEST WAS 2LB 4OZ. BUT A LIL LATER THROWING A JIG PULLED A 15LB 8OZ CARP FOR A STATE PIN !!!!!LOOK AT MY TRIP FOR PICS!!!!10MIN FIGHT WOW!!!!!

haha, I told you man!! never caught one a bass set up, but its probably more fun that way...

Posted Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links